Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 34 of 64  [ 638 posts ]  Go to page « 132 33 34 35 3664 »
Hood
Post subject: Re: Imperial Swedish NavyPosted: April 15th, 2012, 8:47 am
Looks great in either version.
The midships SSM look a little cramped, maybe move them aft with the helideck?

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Imperial Swedish NavyPosted: April 15th, 2012, 8:51 am
would the mk11 be kept the entire carreer or would it be swapped for an mk 13 later on? IIRC the belowdeck requirements of the mk 13 were about the same as the ones of the mk 11

[Profile] [Quote]
Psilander
Post subject: Re: Imperial Swedish NavyPosted: April 15th, 2012, 10:41 am
It depends - when does the mk13 enter service( when is it possible to achive one for license/ import?

Regarding airsearch radar, I really like the LW-02, but it is 2D, how do I get height information, is there an avalible 3d radar early as 1963-4?

Why the ship switched from rail to tub launcher is that I belive the missilemagazine is needed for electronics etc for the Tartar missiles.

Worklist
All Royal Swedish Navy units from 1522 to present

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Imperial Swedish NavyPosted: April 15th, 2012, 11:04 am
well.....
for the radar: the dutch had the SPS-01 as their first 3d radar, on the tromps, in 1974, also the first standard missile ship. the cruisers had an american radar working with the MK 10 gmls though.... an sps-26 IIRC. I do not know what the british had during those days.....
looking back now, the dutch ships never carried an mk 13 without an 3d radar. so that might be necessary.... if not, you could go for an targeting radar like the DA-02 or DA-05 (depending on the year)

the USN had the mk 13 in use from 1962 onward on the charles f adams.

also, the charles f. adams class carried (in the first batch) the mk 11 and the last 10 carried the mk 13. the difference in size is 7'' in diameter. (mk 13 being bigger)

I do not entirely understand the last sentence... you refer to the mk 13 as rail and the mk 11 as tub launcher, right? what exactly do you refer to?

[Profile] [Quote]
Psilander
Post subject: Re: Imperial Swedish NavyPosted: April 15th, 2012, 12:10 pm
Quote:
well.....
for the radar: the dutch had the SPS-01 as their first 3d radar, on the tromps, in 1974, also the first standard missile ship. the cruisers had an american radar working with the MK 10 gmls though.... an sps-26 IIRC. I do not know what the british had during those days.....
looking back now, the dutch ships never carried an mk 13 without an 3d radar. so that might be necessary.... if not, you could go for an targeting radar like the DA-02 or DA-05 (depending on the year) the USN had the mk 13 in use from 1962 onward on the charles f adams.

also, the charles f. adams class carried (in the first batch) the mk 11 and the last 10 carried the mk 13. the difference in size is 7'' in diameter. (mk 13 being bigger)
I've looking alot at the french T47 "Surcouf" for these ships, they got the mk13 between 1962 anf 1965 so I will use that one. Theyalso use the SPS-39 3D radar. So the LW-01/02 will go to the no qualified airdefence ships (ASuW DDs, WW2 era cruisers, ASW frigates.
Quote:
I do not entirely understand the last sentence... you refer to the mk 13 as rail and the mk 11 as tub launcher, right? what exactly do you refer to
I refer to the RB08. The original design uses RB08 raillaunchers on top of the torpedo mount, with below/ behind missile magazine arrengement. The extra electronics needed for the missiles and 3D radar will use this space and therefor are the SSMs fitted in tubes instead.

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Imperial Swedish NavyPosted: April 15th, 2012, 12:17 pm
now I understand :P

possible might also to have an combo of both the LW and the SPS. for example the dutch cruisers had that setup, possibly because of the limited range of the 3d radar. on a ship this size the 3d capability might be better then the longer range
thinking now though: the perry has an 2d radar + targeting radar (in the WM egg), so it might as well work with just an targeting radar ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Psilander
Post subject: Re: Imperial Swedish NavyPosted: April 16th, 2012, 6:49 am
The latest upgrade/ fix of the Gothenburg class ASWW frigates.
Changes
- main searchradar switched to SPS-39
- Alouette III instead of Alouette II
- combined Rb08 and MALAFON rail aft.
- new bow, hull mounted sonar fitted (HMS)

[ img ]

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Imperial Swedish NavyPosted: April 16th, 2012, 6:59 am
I have my doubts about this radar fit: the van speijk class had an LW-02, an DA-05 and 3 M-44 directors for an similar gun and the seacat, IIRC the 2 systems on the stern don't need 3d detection.....

[Profile] [Quote]
Psilander
Post subject: Re: Imperial Swedish NavyPosted: April 16th, 2012, 10:57 am
I am trying to fix the wast number of radar I've previously used for my AU to a few types. The LW-02 can come in question for this type while the deidcated airdefence units will get SPS-39 and later SPS-48.

LW-02 will be used as long range search radar for both airdefence and ASW/ ASuW units. How do range compare between the LW-02 and the SPS-39?

Currently are the LW-02 in use on destroyer types E, F, G after moderisation and on type H & J as built.It will also be fitted to Äran type CGLs and a few ww2 type cruiser. SPS-39 is in use on destroyers type K (follow on L & M get SPS-48).

Could the WM-20/ 22 be used for direction of Seacat GWS-21

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Imperial Swedish NavyPosted: April 16th, 2012, 3:18 pm
Psilander wrote:
Yes - she isn't completed, flarerocketlauncher and all ship handling stuff will be added.

on the DDG there is a helicopter deck
Ah, I see.

I would say that the DDG version would probably have a larger command and control facility for missile guidance but I say that mostly because it just seems visually unbalanced. But a ship shouldn't be designed in accordance to what's visually balanced. I'd like to know what TimothyC or erik_t have to say, or anybody else more knowledgeable than I.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 34 of 64  [ 638 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 132 33 34 35 3664 »

Jump to: