Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 27 of 37  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page « 125 26 27 28 2937 »
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: РИФ (Russian Imperial Navy)Posted: July 29th, 2013, 2:11 pm
Again, you're all missing the point entirely. I'm not complaining that "he has used my catapult without crediting!", I'm pointing out that ANY part drawn for Shipbucket is a Shipbucket part - to use it in any fashion requires the use of a Shipbucket template and that the drawing follow Shipbucket scale and style considerations. This is not a complaint about Rurik's drawing quality (it's quite nice) but rather a request for him to remove the Shipbucket work from his non-Shipbucket non-credited drawings.

Does this make sense? Protecting and following the Fair Use Agreement is the most important part of what we do here - without it there would be no protection whatsoever for any of the work produced on this board.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: РИФ (Russian Imperial Navy)Posted: July 29th, 2013, 3:52 pm
He is drawing in SB scale, and when he started here they was posted as SB-drawing but was moved due to his way of coloring the drawing... So I don't see the problem here. Note after SB rule all SB parts are free to use, if you have problem with that... Then you have a big problem and should ban everyone that is drawing here in SB, oh wait that include you.

If rurik see that part as good enough for his use then it's good enough, because at this scale every single similar parts are very similar to each other.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: РИФ (Russian Imperial Navy)Posted: July 29th, 2013, 4:10 pm
heuhen wrote:
He is drawing in SB scale, and when he started here they was posted as SB-drawing but was moved due to his way of coloring the drawing...
... ergo, it is NOT a Shipbucket drawing.
Quote:
Note after SB rule all SB parts are free to use, if you have problem with that
All SB parts are free to use on Shipbucket drawings - that means a drawing with the correct scale, style, template, and "Shipbucket.com" watermark in the bottom right corner. ;)
Quote:
If rurik see that part as good enough for his use then it's good enough, because at this scale every single similar parts are very similar to each other.
The poorly-drawn USN catapult has been used for quite a few different catapult applications because people are lazy and don't want to take the time to research and draw the correct catapult. ;)
Quote:
Then you have a big problem and should ban everyone that is drawing here in SB, oh wait that include you.
I'm not sure where all this "anger" comes from. No one is being banned... no punishment is happening... I was just pointing out that, according to the Fair Use Agreement that all Shipbucket work falls under, his use of the catapult is technically a breach. It may not seem very important to you (and the part in question, even though it was something I drew, is not something I really care about), but it's the principle of the matter... you can't let one person get away with it and then expect to be able to police your work on other parts of the internet.

As usual, something that should have been a simple "oh, I will remove it and redraw the correct catapult for this ship in my own style" turned into an argument for no reason whatsoever other than the easily-offended members of this forum not being able to handle an entirely reasonable request. Please remember that this is the Shipbucket forum, and the primary goal here is to further the archive of Shipbucket works. This is NOT a forum for posting your own style or art just to get comments from our wide user base. Artists who are not drawing Shipbucket ships will receive very little leeway here.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rurik-2
Post subject: Re: РИФ (Russian Imperial Navy)Posted: July 29th, 2013, 8:27 pm
..... Sadly, gentlemen, sad ......

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: РИФ (Russian Imperial Navy)Posted: July 31st, 2013, 4:16 am
I was not aware, but apparently Rurik's drawings were added to an unspoken "exception" list by the rest of the staff (the same one that Psilander is on, apparently). So I apologize for what seems to have been interpreted as an 'attack' against Rurik (even though it was not) - it was made without knowing the full details of his status here.

Now... you should replace that catapult as I believe it's one of the most overused and underdetailed parts available on Shipbucket. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rurik-2
Post subject: Re: РИФ (Russian Imperial Navy)Posted: July 31st, 2013, 8:12 am
Camo ... alt Izmail...
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: РИФ (Russian Imperial Navy)Posted: July 31st, 2013, 8:20 am
Fine additions to an interesting thread.

[Profile] [Quote]
denodon
Post subject: Re: РИФ (Russian Imperial Navy)Posted: July 31st, 2013, 8:43 am
Very nice camo design. Everytime I see these I feel like drawing some of my own stuff with similar schemes though the dazzle scheme I did on a cruiser took long enough.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: РИФ (Russian Imperial Navy)Posted: July 31st, 2013, 9:43 am
Behind the second anchor at the upper line of the forward armor belt there is an black line obstructing the armor belt.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rurik-2
Post subject: Re: РИФ (Russian Imperial Navy)Posted: August 9th, 2013, 9:13 pm
Russia, Izmail class battleship. 1912 – 1913 – 1916.
Izmail, Kinburn, Fokshani, Rymnik (Battles of Alexander Suvorov).

[ img ]

Displacement: 35 500 / 39 400 t.
Dimensions: 228,0 x 33,0 x 9,2 m.
Machinery:
24 oil fired boilers, steam turbines, 4 shafts, 52 000 / 70 000 shp = 23 / 25 kts.
Range: 5 500 m at 14 kts. Bunker 3 600 t.
Armour:
Belts: main 305 + 38 mm, ends 152 mm, upper 125 mm. Torpedo bulkheadheads: 38 mm.
Armoured decks: 25,4 + 76 mm, bevels 76 mm.
Main gun armour: face 305 mm, others gunhouse 203 mm, barbette 305 mm.
Conning towers: forward 356 mm, aft 305 mm.
Armament:
4x3 356/52 mm (96), 16x1 120/50 mm (275). AA: 10x1 75/50 mm, 6x1 47/43 mm, 8x1 37/30 mm.
Torpedoes: 4 533 mm submerged side tubes.
Wireless: 15 kW (1,200 miles) and the auxiliary station 2 kW (200 miles).
Complement: 42 / 33 / 1400 = 1475

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 27 of 37  [ 368 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 125 26 27 28 2937 »

Jump to: