Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 14 of 42  [ 414 posts ]  Go to page « 112 13 14 15 1642 »
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: October 14th, 2015, 12:49 pm
Well there are CQB-optimized battle rifles such as the Primary Weapons Systems MK212, where the stopping power of the 7.62x51 cartridge is made use of.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hand_Grenade
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: October 15th, 2015, 1:43 am
Even more updated version:
[ img ]
Went synthetic to reduce weight, and also added a custom muzzle brake for better recoil control. Still want to do some front sight tweaking, but I think its about done other than that. Working on creating more original stuff, but I think this is a good baseline.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: October 15th, 2015, 8:14 am
You've pretty much come full circle now and re-invented the Zastava M76.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: October 15th, 2015, 5:29 pm
Synthetic AK handguards are shaped differently than their wooden ancestors - look at the AK-74M for what it should look like.

Also, something I overlooked entirely is the rail you've added on top of the receiver dust cover. That isn't a "solid" part of the rifle and no optics will hold a zero if they're mounted there. If an AK needs a rail system for an optic, the NPZ mount is used (which attaches via cantilever mount to the optic mount on the left side of the receiver).

I still fail to see the point of this entire exercise other than to mash together AK parts and call it your own "rifle".

[Profile] [Quote]
Hand_Grenade
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: October 16th, 2015, 12:29 am
[ img ]

Its comin' along. Removed the top rail, and added a FAB Defense-inspired rail that replaces the top hand guard. Changed the rear AK sight to a more western design, as well as modified the front sight to something a little more H&K-y. I also changed the hand guard around just a teency bit, it looked a little bulky towards the bottom.

Truth be told, I wanted a Zastava-esque rifle, so that's where the round came from.

As its a fake design, I'll probably be keeping the hand guard shape. Rail's been addressed.

I've been playing around with stuff on Gunbucket for a little over a year now, and I wanted a 8mm Mauser, AK-style rifle of my own design (Otherwise I'd have gone with the Zastava, because I love the Zastava). Its also, from my own perspective, very difficult to draw something entirely from scratch for the first time with zero experience, so instead I started with an AK and have gradually been adding in more parts that are mine, and fewer parts that are other people's. I'm not necessarily calling it "my" rifle right now, but eventually I do want a rifle that is mine, and I can't make a realistic one without trial, error, and feedback. So that's the point of this exercise.

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: October 16th, 2015, 12:54 pm
One thing to note is the FAB Defense VFR-AK rail for AK's is designed to form a sturdy mount for optics behind the rear sight, as it has a hole for the sight to go through:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hand_Grenade
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: October 16th, 2015, 9:49 pm
[ img ]

Experimental bullpup conversion. I feel like with some fine tuning this will look/be A LOT better than anything I've done to this piece of junk, and its a lot more original. Heavily based on the AKU-94 conversion kit.

http://www.forgottenweapons.com/on-the- ... onversion/

There's a lot more rail to play with, and it cut nearly a foot off the total length of the gun. Barrel is currently 16 inches. I want to play with/create my own pistol grip, and I'd like to figure out a way to make it ambidextrous, because getting slapped in the teeth by a charging handle is no fun.

[Profile] [Quote]
pegasus206
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: October 19th, 2015, 2:02 pm
In the late 1930 the M1917 Enfield (.30-06) rifle was the standard rifle of the armed forces of Rochfort. Soon afther the start of the second world war the army of Rochfort desided that it would needed a rifle with more fire power. So Badal Industy who licence build the M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle(BAR) and Tesho Industry who licence build the Enfield Rifle startet to design a new Gas Operated rifle. The Badal AR-1 was a lighter version ofthe BAR with a pistol grip and the production started in May 1942. It became the standard assault rifle of the Rochfort Army and Marines. Also a shorter version with a folding stock was made for use by Parachute Units.

[ img ]

The Tesho SR-3 design was more based on the Enfield rifle with a 10 rounds magazine and became the Standard Service Rifle for all of the Armed Forces in Rochfort and the KNIL Forces of the Netherlands. Production started in July 1942 and most of the armed forces were at the end of the was equipt with this rifle.

[ img ]

Best Regards,
Aart.

Projects:

The Kingdom of Rochfort in FD

Last edited by pegasus206 on September 11th, 2019, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: October 19th, 2015, 6:15 pm
Looks nice. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Skyder2598
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: October 19th, 2015, 7:44 pm
nice work ;-) I hope some modern rifles will come?!

~~Normerr~~FD stuff~~

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 14 of 42  [ 414 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 112 13 14 15 1642 »

Jump to: