Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 13 of 42  [ 414 posts ]  Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1542 »
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: August 18th, 2015, 1:12 pm
Nice work!

[Profile] [Quote]
ashebourton
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: September 3rd, 2015, 5:44 am
Atria Arms PDW Mk.I
[ img ]

"Just consider me the forum's resident V-22 expert." ;)

-----------------------------

My Completed Work!!!

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: September 6th, 2015, 3:20 pm
Saint Joseph Machine & Tool SJR15:
[ img ]
Weight:
2.88 kg empty, 3.45 kg loaded
Length:
842 mm stock extended, 758 mm stock retracted
Barrel:
368 mm fluted cold-hammer forged
Cartridge:
5.56 x 45 mm NATO, 300 AAC Blackout
Action:
Short-stroke piston, rotating bolt
Rate of fire:
600 rounds per minute (cyclic)
Muzzle velocity:
Depends on cartridge
Effective range:
Depends on cartridge
Feed system:
STANAG magazine (FAB Defense Ultimag 30R is standard)
Sights
No built in sights, MIL-STD-1913 rail allows attachment of various sights (FAB Defense RBS & FBS rear & front rail-mounted iron sights are standard)
The Saint Joseph Machine & Tool (SJMT) SJR15 is an AR15 variant available in 5.56 x 45 NATO and 300 AAC Blackout calibers. It features a short-stroke gas piston operating mechanism based on the Czech Vz. 58's operating mechanism. The internal operating mechanism parts are coated in a nickel-boron finish for permanent lubricity and easy cleaning. Holes in the bolt carrier and buffer tube allow over-the-beach operation. The gas plug can be rotated to 3 positions for normal, suppressed and disassembly modes. The disassembly procedure for the piston mechanism involves rotating the gas plug to the 3 o'clock position and allowing the piston rod to drop out, without removing the rail interface system and having to re-zero attached optics. The SJR15 uses fluted barrels in lengths of 419 mm, 368 mm (pictured) and 292 mm. The SJR15 barrels are cold-hammer forged and nitride heat treated, for greater durability compared to traditional cut and chrome-lined barrels. The increased strength of the barrel also aids in the SJR15's over-the-beach capability. A 3-pronged flash hider is standard, which allows mounting of a B&T Rotex-V suppressor. The SJR15 uses a modular free-floating rail interface system that attaches to the barrel nut. Instead of traditional MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny rails at the 3, 6 and 9 o'clock positions, the SJR15 uses the KeyMod system, where Picatinny rail sections or other accessories attach to key slots in the handguard. This reduces the weight of the rail interface system, as the user could put rail sections only where they are needed, or not at all. The handguard has 4 quick-detach swing swivel mounts, which are used in addition to mounts on the stock and the receiver endplate. The lower section of the RIS could be detached with no tools, which allows mounting of a grenade launcher. The SJR15 features fully ambidextrous safety, charging handle, magazine release and bolt release for easier control of the rifle. The SJR15 has a flat dark earth finish, for less infrared visibility compared to standard black finish. The SJR15 uses the GLR-16 stock, AG-43 pistol grip, RBS and FBS front and rear iron sights and Ultimag 30R polymer magazine from the Israeli company FAB Defense.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hand_Grenade
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: October 9th, 2015, 6:44 am
[ img ]

First gun I've made that I was serious about. I thought the AK needed a little more reach and a lot more stopping power, so its re-chambered for a full size rifle round.

Mongolistan Khaany Zevsgiin (Royal Armory of Mongolistan)
Kalashnikov avtomat orchin üyeiin (Modernized Automatic Kalashnikov)
Weight: 7.5 lbs. unloaded
Length: 37 inches w/ stock
Cartridge: 7.92x57mm Mauser
Action: Gas operated, rotating bolt. Identical to AKM.
Cyclic Fire Rate: 550 RPM
Practical Fire Rate: 60 RPM
Muzzle Velocity: 2700 FPS
Effective Range: 500 Yards
Maximum Range: 1000 Yards
Magazine Size: 75 round beta drum, 20 round box magazine

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: October 9th, 2015, 6:49 pm
Is this a battle rifle or a light machine gun?

If it's meant to be a battle rifle (a semi or full auto infantry rifle chambered in a full-size rifle cartridge), why does it have a carrying handle and why is the barrel so short? You'd ideally want a 20" barrel to make maximum use of the long effective range of the 8mm cartridge.

Also, the way the piston and chamber/barrel line up doesn't work. You've seemingly tacked a PK onto the end of an AK-47. The PK's gas piston is below the barrel while the AK's is above it.

The design just doesn't work and raises too many questions to be believable. The AK as a full-size rifle has been done already: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSL_%28rifle%29

[Profile] [Quote]
Hand_Grenade
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: October 9th, 2015, 7:35 pm
Ideally, a CQB battle rifle, similar to the Bulldog M14 conversion, although without the bullpup-iness. I have a version with a 20 round box mag, but the drum mag is just for suppression.

I kept the carry handle because realistically, it'd weigh upwards of seven pounds unloaded, plus 75 7.92 Mauser rounds and a steel beta mag if you were using it for suppressing fire. Keeping a carrying handle on made a lot more sense to me than having two different variants specifically for two things, and I love the idea of walking fire, and that feels a lot more comfortable with a carrying handle.

I did notice the chamber and barrel, and the hand guard was a bit too thin for my taste, so I edited both of those.I figured the internals were workable if you flipflopped the AK gas system, and I just looked at the internals again and realized it couldn't work internally, so that'll end up being changed as well.

All in all, thanks. Definitely fixing the impossible bits.

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: October 11th, 2015, 5:32 am
The Galil in 7.62x51 also counts as a full-size AK. The South African CR-21 is a bullpup conversion of the Galil so you could have a similar design in 7.62x51.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hand_Grenade
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: October 11th, 2015, 11:31 pm
Updated version:
[ img ]
I think it looks a lot sleeker with the AK gas system. I'm iffy about the hand guard, it feels kind of blank, and the front sight could use some tweaking. I feel like a more expansive rail system could look nice, too. Also, does anyone know what the bottom tube below the barrel is for on the AK gas system? I was looking at some cut-aways but it didn't really have an obvious purpose, at least not to me.

Isn't there already an AK-bullpup configuration? I know that Norinco made one and I don't doubt there's a Soviet/Russian version floating around somewhere. If I did go bullpup, I'd probably stick with the Mauser round or move to an intermediate rifle round, but I like the idea of it, especially for a lighter rifle.

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: October 13th, 2015, 8:21 am
If you want a "tactical" rifle with the same operating mechanism as the AK, look no further than the Robinson Armament XCR-M. Unlike the standard AK, it has ambidextrous controls and due to the use of a monolithic upper receiver, is more accurate.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: October 13th, 2015, 4:02 pm
A "CQB Battle Rifle"?

The idea of a battle rifle is to have an infantry rifle that can kill or incapacitate past the (generally) 300m effective range of an assault rifle firing an intermediate cartridge (7.62x39, 5.56x45, 5.45x39). Assault rifles fill the need for "CQB" much more effectively than any battle rifle - 30rd capacity magazines and terminal effects just as deadly as full power rifle rounds within the 300m bracket.

The "bottom tube" is a cleaning rod that goes with a cleaning kit located in the buttstock trapdoor of a full-stock AK.

Remove the carrying handle or find ways to make the rifle lighter. No infantry rifle should be so heavy it has to be carried at the trail arms position.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 13 of 42  [ 414 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1542 »

Jump to: