Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 17 of 18  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page « 114 15 16 17 18 »
Dima11
Post subject: Re: Sorry) Just shipsPosted: April 7th, 2013, 9:02 am
Colosseum wrote:
Making it bigger does not prove me wrong.
of course not!)

Dear Colosseum
Colosseum wrote:
It seems counterproductive and I am not sure why you will not just take the time to draw using our style. Frankly I am of the mind that you should go and post these somewhere else as this is not a "general lineart" forum. Furthermore, I personally think that stylistically the drawings are ugly (with lots of black spaces used presumably to cover up your lack of understanding of the details), and I have a feeling these are just traced from resized drawings with no real research put into the ships.
MAY, MAY, MAY I ASK YOU A QUESTION? WHICH DETAIL IS MISSING IN CIRCE? WHICH LACKUNES I'AM TRYING TO COVER AND WHICH RESEARCH I NEED TO DO MORE PROFOUNDLY ON THE SUBMARINE? PERSON WHO SAYS A - SHALL SAY B. I PROMISE YOU I WILL RUN BY RUN TO SUIT YOUR OBJECTIVE OBJECTIONS)

I suppose you pretty understand that small and the big Circe is the same drawing. Would you like that I post the builder original plan you could find those lackunes?)

[Profile] [Quote]
Dima11
Post subject: Re: Sorry) Just shipsPosted: April 7th, 2013, 9:05 am
acelanceloet wrote:
we have the exact amount of detail you have on your big drawing on an regular sb drawing
http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... Tonijn.png
Dear acelanceloet
I really enjoy forum. This is a kind of an art I never found before. Ships in lines - they are poor. You have the first invented using all the advantages of the electronic way of drawing...

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Sorry) Just shipsPosted: April 7th, 2013, 9:07 am
[ img ]
[ img ]

[ img ]
[ img ]
compare yourself.

[Profile] [Quote]
Dima11
Post subject: Re: Sorry) Just shipsPosted: April 7th, 2013, 9:51 am
Dear acelanceloet
It's not a good deal - to comparer "...Krakens to Jellyfish..."
[ img ]
http://www.hajoregiszter.hu/hajoadatlap ... emenyek/en

About Thionville I have just several objections:
1. No liveboat near conning tower.
2. The bridge is based only on a conning tower - there no any other rooms at the deck.
3. 1 Searchlight on the bridge (forward) is not on his proper place.
4. 2 There an execive rooms on the bridge.
5. Gun shields are not proper to the ship (may be French exchanged them for others?)
6. The square headed ventilator cowls near stucks are missing.
7. The rear TT is directly on the stern.

But these are insignificant details that do not spoil the whole imression of the work. I would recomend to the author just to remove excessive room colours at the fore superstructure - that's all.
In the whole - the ship of Lazer_one is very pretty.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Sorry) Just shipsPosted: April 7th, 2013, 9:59 am
we were not comparing drawings...... we were comparing styles.

[Profile] [Quote]
Dima11
Post subject: Re: Sorry) Just shipsPosted: April 7th, 2013, 10:15 am
Dima11 wrote:
Dear acelanceloet

...But these are insignificant details that do not spoil the whole imression of the work. ....
In the whole - the ship of Lazer_one is very pretty.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Sorry) Just shipsPosted: April 7th, 2013, 11:39 am
you seem to completely miss or ignore my points.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Sorry) Just shipsPosted: April 7th, 2013, 12:00 pm
Honestly, don't waste your breath (so to speak). You aren't going to get anywhere soon.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Sorry) Just shipsPosted: April 7th, 2013, 12:03 pm
yeah, had come to that same conclusion..... if he really thinks those black blobs of him are better then shipbucket style there is nothing to gain here.

[Profile] [Quote]
Dima11
Post subject: Re: Sorry) Just shipsPosted: April 7th, 2013, 8:48 pm
My dear all)
3 things that are clear enough to the extend that I tell them.

1. The big drawing of Circe is THE EXACT builder plan reproduction. ALL the other my drawings are the same. It is the matter of fact. I had not met any critics about anything UNEXACT with me. To tell - it is unexact because I am a moderator here - is presumably the most democratic way of saying things.

2. If the small drawings of Circe is COMPUTED in a way that small details are "blobs" it means ONLY that there is NO OTHER WAY to reproduce things without distorting the design. If you make sidelights 1 m vis 30 cm it means that you are to chose between the art and the reality. Me personnally I chose the reality and computer while resizing things votes for the reality as well.

3. I asked myself - why all those reproaches that countermand each other? I6 pages of a high fidelity design, 5 hours per battleship, 30 minutes per submarine that can be rescaled to "yours" or can be rescaled not and issued 1:100? I would like to be wrong in getting "that your point", dear acelanceloet...

And a small remark. 6000 of visits. 150 per day. Not a bad vote for "ugly, ugly, lackuned, without serious research on..." something.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 17 of 18  [ 177 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 114 15 16 17 18 »

Jump to: