Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 30 of 61  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page « 128 29 30 31 3261 »
Glorfindel
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: December 1st, 2014, 8:59 pm
Uniforms of the National Army of Colombia, 2007 Dress Regulations
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: December 1st, 2014, 9:38 pm
Great work. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
orangepine
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: December 5th, 2014, 12:47 am
-

Last edited by orangepine on July 24th, 2018, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Andrzei13
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: December 6th, 2014, 12:37 pm
Polish Winged hussar, middle and end of the 17th century.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: December 6th, 2014, 11:10 pm
Nice, but first of all the sabre was curved (and You could work a bit on how it looks when in cover) and if it's koncerz, then it might be somewhat short (they were up to 160cm long). Also, the lance seems short - they were several meters long (ca. 5,5m). Moreover, now it's quite often believed that twin "wings" were carried only for parade purposes and that it's likely that for combat they carried only one "wing" (I admit, though, that it's still not fully sorted out). And finally, while in many english-language publications it's indeed "winged hussar", the use of word "hussar" could be misleading as in most western-european languages hussars are kind of light cavalry, while husaria were actually a heavy cavalry (even though both these kinds of cavalry trace their origins to mounted scouts of Serbian borderlands), so perhaps it would be better to call it "husarz". ;)
Anyway, a nice effort.

[Profile] [Quote]
Andrzei13
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: December 7th, 2014, 7:58 pm
eswube wrote:
Nice, but first of all the sabre was curved (and You could work a bit on how it looks when in cover) and if it's koncerz, then it might be somewhat short (they were up to 160cm long). Also, the lance seems short - they were several meters long (ca. 5,5m). Moreover, now it's quite often believed that twin "wings" were carried only for parade purposes and that it's likely that for combat they carried only one "wing" (I admit, though, that it's still not fully sorted out). And finally, while in many english-language publications it's indeed "winged hussar", the use of word "hussar" could be misleading as in most western-european languages hussars are kind of light cavalry, while husaria were actually a heavy cavalry (even though both these kinds of cavalry trace their origins to mounted scouts of Serbian borderlands), so perhaps it would be better to call it "husarz". ;)
Anyway, a nice effort.
Thank's, I know that husaria was heavy cavalry. My uncle is an batalist artist, so I know a lot about polish weapons and army of the 21st centuries. Here's some of his works:https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 1715_o.jpg https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 8901_o.jpg https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 5e8701376c https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 2711_o.jpg https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 0348_o.jpg.
I read a book written by Sikora about husaria, it says that towarzysze wore two wings in combat.
As about lance and koncerz, it seems that I calculated their length wrong. I think it would be also a good idea to add a leopard skin.
Thank you for remarks!!!! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Andrzei13
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: December 12th, 2014, 7:46 pm
Husarz re-done. Added longer lance, sabre, longer koncerz, leopard skin and feather on a helmet:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: December 13th, 2014, 9:13 pm
Nice progress, though this feather looks bit blocky to me. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: December 14th, 2014, 10:15 pm
Andrzei13 wrote:
I read a book written by Sikora about husaria, it says that towarzysze wore two wings in combat.
Oh that theory in this book is rather controversial as there was not a single proof that double wings were used in combat. There was a possibility that some of companions used a single wing in fight but stuck to saddle not to the armor as it would be highly unpractical. Not a single piece of armor that survive to this times had wings, those who had them and are shown in museums were "modified" in later times and wings were add to them. Armors that survive to this days and were not modified did not have wings or any type of clamping for them. It's just a myth that start to live it's own life. Also part of that myth is that kontusz of Hussars was always red.

[Profile] [Quote]
Andrzei13
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: December 15th, 2014, 6:12 pm
Pocztowy husarski.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 30 of 61  [ 603 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 128 29 30 31 3261 »

Jump to: