Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 8 of 13  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page « 16 7 8 9 1013 »
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: ocean class destroyerPosted: June 16th, 2014, 5:35 am
I have a suspicion that that funnel cap is very unstealthy. Also that torpedo launcheris a tad high

Where your anchor/hawse pipe is situated means when it's moored, all the paint between there and the stem will be scraped away, not to mention that it'd probably snag the dome still. It needs to be forwards of the dome

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: ocean class destroyerPosted: June 16th, 2014, 6:37 am
1) The Superstructure looks better now (maybe lower it a bit as well, hangar only needs to be as high as the helicopter etc),
3) I would try to lower the weight up high a bit ( forward goalkeeper maybe down in front of the bridge ?)
2) Redo the top/radar on the funnel, the stern, not sure about the hangar side mounted weapons ?

Is it me or is it looking vaguely like a type 45 ? (that's good as 45 is a real ship with similar mission ;) ).

JSb

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: ocean class destroyerPosted: June 16th, 2014, 11:07 am
JSB, it is better to have the hangar slightly higher then the helicopter, so you can have a crane on top of it. also, the goalkeeper has quite some impact on the hangars structure, so some space for reinforcements can come in handy as well.
the superstructure height looks good to me, the goalkeeper might actually be a bit higher to have her clear the deck edges when firing a bit down.
the individual deck levels look a bit high right now

[Profile] [Quote]
battleship lover
Post subject: Re: ocean class destroyerPosted: June 16th, 2014, 4:46 pm
Should i put the harpoon launchers in the front of the ship?

[Profile] [Quote]
battleship lover
Post subject: Re: ocean class destroyerPosted: June 16th, 2014, 6:36 pm
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Iran vs Nigeria today i hope Iran Wins!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

[Profile] [Quote]
battleship lover
Post subject: Re: ocean class destroyerPosted: June 16th, 2014, 8:59 pm
dang it was a tie :(

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: ocean class destroyerPosted: June 16th, 2014, 9:48 pm
Right. 5-10 minutes of bashing in paint has given me the following. (Derived from the original drawing no less)

Realistically speaking for a ship with a 2014 commissioning date you're looking at some sort of noticeable signature reduction unless you're building something in Somalia.

[ img ]

Compare the above to the following.

[ img ]

Notice how there are a lot less open and sharp surfaces on my version? There's a lot less places for radar to bounce off of. Not to mention there's less wasted space. If I were you I would really take my time and get things done right rather than just doing 2 minute revisions here and there.

[Profile] [Quote]
battleship lover
Post subject: Re: ocean class destroyerPosted: June 17th, 2014, 12:13 am
Blackbuck wrote:
Right. 5-10 minutes of bashing in paint has given me the following. (Derived from the original drawing no less)

Realistically speaking for a ship with a 2014 commissioning date you're looking at some sort of noticeable signature reduction unless you're building something in Somalia.

[ img ]

Compare the above to the following.

[ img ]

Notice how there are a lot less open and sharp surfaces on my version? There's a lot less places for radar to bounce off of. Not to mention there's less wasted space. If I were you I would really take my time and get things done right rather than just doing 2 minute revisions here and there.
calm down mr. grumps I'm trying to do my best. I'm pretty young and I obviously know far less than you. I joined for a reason- to have fun and make cool looking ships. But when ever I try to make one I end up being yelled at. From the last 3 forums I have been in I learned a ton. So much it's ridiculous. So please be patient. The person that your talking to is probably 2-3 times younger than you so keep that in mind.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: ocean class destroyerPosted: June 17th, 2014, 12:26 am
Age doesn't mean squat when it comes to this. Ace joined at quite an early age as did ALVAMA so don't try and use that as an excuse.

The main reason you keep getting "yelled" at is because you really don't seem to take onboard the criticisms and suggestions offered by people. Something to remember also is that ships aren't designed to look cool just like all other military hardware they're designed to be functional ergo, most modern equipment, be it a boat, plane or tank look revolting when compared to those designs of a previous era.

As we've said previously. Get. A. Clear. Idea. of what you're looking for and go from there, don't just keep poking things with a stick otherwise you end up with a great big mess that can't really be explained. If on the other hand you want to keep drawing for the sake of looking cool I'm sure people wont be as inclined to be as forthcoming and educative than previously...

[Profile] [Quote]
battleship lover
Post subject: Re: ocean class destroyerPosted: June 17th, 2014, 7:22 pm
you mean just about to join high school young?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 8 of 13  [ 130 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 16 7 8 9 1013 »

Jump to: