Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 8 of 10  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page « 16 7 8 9 10 »
Hood
Post subject: Re: Canadian Common Hull combatant ConceptPosted: November 29th, 2010, 8:12 pm
Much better. Even if the stern .50 Brownings leave me perplexed!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
prairie canuck
Post subject: Re: Canadian Common Hull combatant ConceptPosted: November 29th, 2010, 8:28 pm
Acelanceloet
Could you or someone else suggest a radar for the Frigate that is compatible to work with the Destroyer's APAR. I was thinking of the Smart-S mk2

The 50's are for close in security in port or if smaller vessels approach.

Last edited by prairie canuck on November 29th, 2010, 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Canadian Common Hull combatant ConceptPosted: November 29th, 2010, 8:33 pm
compatible with - do you mean it has to fit on the same ship? the APAR is an stand alone air search system, so I would not put it on your frigate. Smart-S mk2 is an good idea, as is an I mast (400-500). American possibilities are spy-3.

for the smart-s you will need an extra set of missile directors though. look at the setup on the sigma corvettes and the dutch m-frigates.

[Profile] [Quote]
prairie canuck
Post subject: Re: Canadian Common Hull combatant ConceptPosted: November 29th, 2010, 9:01 pm
Sorry, I meant compatible as in "working together" for air defence. Since APAR is a Thales product I assumed it could communicate easier with the smart-S mk2.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Canadian Common Hull combatant ConceptPosted: November 29th, 2010, 9:03 pm
communication is not an task for radars, so that would be no problem. all NATO systems can work toghether most of the time. so the best ideas for the ship would be the ones I gave in my last post here.

[Profile] [Quote]
prairie canuck
Post subject: Re: Canadian Common Hull combatant ConceptPosted: December 4th, 2010, 10:47 pm
The Latest incarnations of the Iroquois and Halifax replacements
Attachment:
Iroquois 2016 3.7.PNG
Attachment:
Halifax 2016 3.7.PNG

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Canadian Common Hull combatant ConceptPosted: December 5th, 2010, 9:45 am
I like them both, except for the radar and guns you have put on it. the radars on the destroyer are correct, but the frigate.......
it looks like you couldn't choose between I mast and SMART-S, and chose them both. so what you have to do is simple: put or - the I mast- or - SMART-S and 2 STIR's on it. if you choose SMART-S, don't forget to use the MK2 and the newest drawing of the STIR.
for the guns.... first of all, THERE IS NO OTO MELARA 57!!! the mount you have put on it is an Bofors mount. I suggest you use the oto melara 76 stealth on the frigate, but that is your choice. the 76 is the most usefull for you I think.

for the destroyer: this mount is ok, but I would think an next gen ship would use an stealth turret. as the same gun is available as an stealth, I would choose that one. the only reason why you shouldn't do this, is maybe because you recycled the mounts from other ships. was that your consideration?

one last note: you could lower the vls a little in the hulll, it is a lot stealthier then.

[Profile] [Quote]
prairie canuck
Post subject: Re: Canadian Common Hull combatant ConceptPosted: December 5th, 2010, 9:33 pm
I realized after I posted I hadn't quite completed the update to the parts list with the mistake on the OTO vs Bofors and the radars were unfinished. Sometimes it's best to go to bed and post the next day :lol: .
I had a look at my original submission and can't believe how much it has changed. I am slowly realizing that there's a lot of research needed and a lot of other things to consider before plunking guns a radars on a hull.
So with that in mind here's the latest

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Canadian Common Hull combatant ConceptPosted: December 5th, 2010, 9:38 pm
NOT THOSE STEALTH MOUNTS!!
download/file.php?id=537 you will need these.(of course the one marked with new) also, the radar mast on your frigate looks weird, maybe take a look at this: http://www.shipbucket.com/Never%20Built ... 00%201.gif and this: http://www.shipbucket.com/Never%20Built ... AN%203.gif
the rest looks good IMO

[Profile] [Quote]
prairie canuck
Post subject: Re: Canadian Common Hull combatant ConceptPosted: December 5th, 2010, 10:04 pm
I realize the mast on the Frigate is the base for the APAR but I figure this would make for an easy upgrade if the need ever arises. I still like the full stealth guns but here's the ships with the "new" guns.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 8 of 10  [ 94 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 16 7 8 9 10 »

Jump to: