Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 8 of 18  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page « 16 7 8 9 1018 »
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 10th, 2010, 6:40 pm
Edit D

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 10th, 2010, 6:55 pm
That rear lattice mast still seems too tall or flimsy in comparison to the rest of the ship.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 10th, 2010, 8:02 pm
Just food for thought, here's your latest revision compared with my version along with a Perry and a Kidd. I'm running low on time right now so hopefully someone can explain to you better what I'm trying to get at.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 10th, 2010, 9:27 pm
Size? Its only a Frigate. Im working on the destroyer later, after my sub, mini-sub, and insertion sub.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 10th, 2010, 11:14 pm
There isn't a frigate on Earth with a Mk-26, and that radar is way to high. That's just for starters.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 11th, 2010, 12:15 am
The radar might possibly be doable (see the insane installation on the missile-converted Forrest Shermans), but there just isn't enough hull depth aft even for a medium gun, let alone a Mk 26. As best I can determine, Mk 26 requires about 22ft by 22ft of depth and width belowdecks. That is a shitload. You are probably short of having even half that.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 11th, 2010, 3:11 am
Which is why I went with the Mk 22, and even then that's probably pushing it.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 11th, 2010, 3:21 am
I have a rail launcher on it because it is in the 1980s.

Edit E

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 12th, 2010, 12:47 am
My LPH.
WIP
[ img ]
[ img ]
WIP
Challenger Class frigate (Modern day)
WIP
[ img ]
WIP
Once I get positive comments about the Challenger, then I will add the final details and call it complete.

Shadow Class sub
WIP
[ img ]
WIP

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 12th, 2010, 2:23 am
Nope.

a) Missiles are not exactly optional if you're spending the volume and topweight on SPS-48.

b) If Kidd/Tico could have the rear Mk 26 further aft, they would. Those ships are largely length-constrained (Kidd particularly). Any Mk 26 further aft than on those classes (on a hull of vaguely similar size) would not work.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 8 of 18  [ 173 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 16 7 8 9 1018 »

Jump to: