Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 25  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 825 »
ABetterName
Post subject: Re: Crovenian EmpirePosted: April 24th, 2015, 12:48 am
Okay, I slightly changed my mind about keeping the design the same, as in 1911 Crovenia is doing a sort of fleet rebuilding project that involves a healthy amount of battleships and battlecruisers.

[Profile] [Quote]
ABetterName
Post subject: Re: Crovenian EmpirePosted: April 24th, 2015, 1:10 am
Here's the first Yarostnyy-class as it appeared in Crovenia's 1912 Fleet Review.

[ img ]

This was also the first major public appearance of the ship.

Last edited by ABetterName on April 24th, 2015, 4:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Crovenian EmpirePosted: April 24th, 2015, 1:17 am
Might wish to run these through springsharp first but apart from the large amount of portholes, the belt doesnt seem to reach the foremost magazines and pole masts at this stage weren't the rage on capital ships, tripods were

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
ABetterName
Post subject: Re: Crovenian EmpirePosted: April 24th, 2015, 1:26 am
The armor belt has been lengthened.

I don't see tripod masts on German capital ships, which is what some of my nation's ships are based on.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Crovenian EmpirePosted: April 24th, 2015, 1:55 am
ABetterName wrote:
The armor belt has been lengthened.

I don't see tripod masts on German capital ships, which is what some of my nation's ships are based on.
Up till about 1915 they all sported the single mast like yours, though after they fitted tripods to all new builds, starting with Derfflinger and Bayern Class, following classes were expected to carry similar masts.

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
ABetterName
Post subject: Re: Crovenian EmpirePosted: April 24th, 2015, 3:40 am
I expect the Yarostnyy class to have a long life, so there is a chance of a tripod mast refit in the later years of WW1.

Last edited by ABetterName on April 24th, 2015, 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Crovenian EmpirePosted: April 24th, 2015, 3:46 am
May I ask if the average Crovenian seaman is something around 4 feet tall only? no one has sofar - to my amazement! - spotted one glaring error with all your drawings: there's no viable height between your hulldecks! Most of your too numerous portholes are situated on the same deck level, top and bottom of those concerned decks! My suggestion: take a close, really close look at contemporary Real designhulls. Count the pixels between the porthole rows!
As for your latest iteration, well, for a fleet review depiction, your ship is flying a pittance of flags! Again, I recommend studying this! Also, what's about the numbers at the bow? If that's a pennant number, then let me assure you that there wasn't any nation that used the pennant system viz. capital ships!

[Profile] [Quote]
ABetterName
Post subject: Re: Crovenian EmpirePosted: April 24th, 2015, 4:06 am
I can't seem to find any nice pictures of a fleet review with ships flying more flags than mine.

I've removed the pennant numbers, and lowered a row of portholes.

[Profile] [Quote]
eltf177
Post subject: Re: Crovenian EmpirePosted: April 24th, 2015, 10:32 am
Your springsharp of Yarostnyy has a number of problems - Coles/Ericcson turrets instead of turret and barbette plus all turrets raised instead of just two.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Crovenian EmpirePosted: April 24th, 2015, 12:11 pm
Re your spring sharp,

1 - Not sure it fits your ship (sizes are not to scale ? deck heights and depth)
2 - Very big for a 1911 ship 39,000t full load rather than HMS Princess Royal at 31,000t (the largest warships in the world)
3 - gun mounts as said above.
4 - Belt 5' !!!!!! very week (should be 6'-9'+ even on a BC)(and its only 12ft high rather than the 15ft in your drawing) upper 1.75' is useless unless its just splinter for the casements.
5 - deck .75' !!!!!!!! very week (could be 2'+ even on a BC)
6 - 30 KN is way to fast in 1911 (28 max IMO)
7 - hull form is rubbish for high speed ('natural speed' 24.3Kn, 64% to wave making !)

So you need to lose 1/4 of your ship and add a lot of weight (belt/deck) that will force a significant redesign (drop speed, raised guns, etc) sorry and you have to draw it out again measuring it to scale.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 25  [ 242 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 825 »

Jump to: