Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 17  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 817 »
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 24th, 2012, 4:29 pm
Double the size of the twin rudders, then you'll have more stability and yaw control if an engine goes out.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 24th, 2012, 4:33 pm
Wait, why did you have giant airships again? Because if you're capable of building aircraft like that then you really don't need them.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 24th, 2012, 4:42 pm
Because the VK-12 would have only been designed 5-10 years ago as aircraft technology in this world is very slow to advance due to certain people *cough* Holy God Emperor's *cough* who don't like change.

And ezgo394 they are quads not twins.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 24th, 2012, 4:46 pm
You can never have too much rudder. I would at least say to increase the inner rudders by a little bit, but that's just my opinion.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 24th, 2012, 4:54 pm
APDAF wrote:
Because the VK-12 would have only been designed 5-10 years ago as aircraft technology in this world is very slow to advance due to certain people *cough* Holy God Emperor's *cough* who don't like change.

And ezgo394 they are quads not twins.
Ahu? How did your empire of fools survive again? Because there's nothing stopping your enemies from developing heavier than air flight.
Even if we retard development for two or three decades your heavy bomber will still be facing Hawker Hunters and Sabres or if you're really unlucky Avro Arrows. And they'll eat your face of.
The Germans learned that slow, fragile and low-flying stringbags posed sufficient threat to their Zeppelins to make them impractical. How you your fancy their chances against jet fighters armed with 20mm guns and 105mm rockets?

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 24th, 2012, 5:11 pm
The people of United African Empire are not smart enough to even think of an aircraft powered by a radial engine let alone an gas-turbine thing that keeps exploding every time it is powered up.

(No offence to any African or African descended people meant)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 24th, 2012, 5:18 pm
and then an brilliant scientist, who is discontent with the way his inventions are deliberately not put to use, goes to one of those nations and starts his own programme. once the first jet aircraft fly over there, more scientists follow. 15 years later, an nuclear bomb is thrown on the brittannian capital with an supersonic bomber. the war is over.

that is how your AU would end, even if those people were really dumber..... keep in mind that the best way to speed up development of new technologies is in fact war, and because of that your nation should be AHEAD of our time instead of 100 years behind.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 24th, 2012, 5:21 pm
This last design isn't THAT bad - when compared with some other of Your ideas :P - but still needs working on it.

I'll leave aside the issues of technological development of competing powers, and leave it to Thiel and Acelanceloet, and I'll concentrate about the aircraft itself.
So, if You think, that the laws of physics and aerodynamics are going to invalidate themselves out of fear of your "Emperor", then I can assure You that they won't.

That's my proposition. Sorry for messing with Your design ;) - I tried to change it as little as reasonably possible - and it's still done with about "real-life" 1946 in mind.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 24th, 2012, 5:35 pm
Don't be so silly the Empire has no fixed capital or need for one as the empire is split into provinces the three main ones being Holy Britannia, Germania and Russia with smaller provinces as well, each province is split into either countries or nations each are mostly self governing.

And um?

1946?

It's 983 AF.
Oh your using the Gregorian calendar.
/Role Play.

Btw eswube the wing are almost as long as the B-36 Peacemaker's wings.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 24th, 2012, 5:41 pm
APDAF, lol, don't expect us to role-play with You. We can discuss Your designs, but not role-play. ;)
And yes, it's suposed to be similar to the wing of B-36, only it's much smaller.
This bomber is about 31,3m long (103 feet) and B-36 was 49,2m long (162 ft).

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 17  [ 165 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 817 »

Jump to: