Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 6  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Radome
Post subject: Re: FD scale Junkers Ju-390 Bomber (Okay, I drew the Ju-88!)Posted: June 30th, 2013, 1:16 am
Already been done.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tounushifan
Post subject: Re: FD scale Junkers Ju-390 Bomber (Okay, I drew the Ju-88!)Posted: June 30th, 2013, 3:15 am
Seems like the best planes have already been done. Oh well, there's always more than one version of each plane. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale Junkers Ju-390 Bomber (Okay, I drew the Ju-88!)Posted: June 30th, 2013, 6:43 am
There has been more than one verision of F-4 done. :P
And start browsing the forum (this and older one) to check what has been done, instead of constantly asking these questions about what has been done and what not.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tounushifan
Post subject: Re: FD scale Junkers Ju-390 Bomber (Okay, I drew the Ju-88!)Posted: June 30th, 2013, 4:36 pm
Well I got confused when I didn't see the Ju-88 in the German WWII section, and it turned out to be already made. So now I am asking so the plane I make isn't already done.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale Junkers Ju-390 Bomber (Okay, I drew the Ju-88!)Posted: June 30th, 2013, 5:17 pm
If You were checking here:
http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... 20Vehicles
Then take note, that it hasn't been updated for years.
Actual checking has to take place here:
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=20
:twisted:
(and also take note, that right now Majhost - one of the principal hosts for drawings posted here - is "down for maintenance", so lots of stuff is temporarily invisible)

[Profile] [Quote]
Radome
Post subject: Re: FD scale Junkers Ju-390 Bomber (Okay, I drew the Ju-88!)Posted: June 30th, 2013, 6:40 pm
I'v got a few comments about your me.323
[ img ]
1. Wheels. the front wheels looks just too small, or the rear wheels too big.. (can say for sure which one).
2. Shade. lighter color of shade for top curved objects like the one marked.
3. Wing shadow. as eswube mentioned inthe FD Aircrafts topic you shadow extandes to far. it is cast by the wing but not the engines.
4. Engine shadow. again as eswube mentioned there is a shadow the wing casts on the marked part of the engine.
5. Shade again. upper part lighter color bottom part darker color.
6. More shade. sometimes on bigger planes like this one, one pixel line of shade is not enough. try using two.
7. Use more rounded windows instade of square ones. just more beautiful to look at ;)

Overall you are good. keep working and you'll be at the front page in notime :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Tounushifan
Post subject: Re: FD scale Junkers Ju-390 Bomber (Okay, I drew the Ju-88!)Posted: July 1st, 2013, 2:08 am
Radome wrote:
I'v got a few comments about your me.323
[ img ]
1. Wheels. the front wheels looks just too small, or the rear wheels too big.. (can say for sure which one).
2. Shade. lighter color of shade for top curved objects like the one marked.
3. Wing shadow. as eswube mentioned inthe FD Aircrafts topic you shadow extandes to far. it is cast by the wing but not the engines.
4. Engine shadow. again as eswube mentioned there is a shadow the wing casts on the marked part of the engine.
5. Shade again. upper part lighter color bottom part darker color.
6. More shade. sometimes on bigger planes like this one, one pixel line of shade is not enough. try using two.
7. Use more rounded windows instade of square ones. just more beautiful to look at ;)

Overall you are good. keep working and you'll be at the front page in notime :)
The wheels are two different sizes, and are a trace over the blueprint. The wheels have suspension and in this case the plane is flying, so the wheels are hanging. If it landed, the wheels would appear a lot shorter. It's a unique landing idea, the wheels are just flopping around. It's a big plane, though.

I simply agree with the shading. I finished this half tired. I should take my time.

Sorry, but the windows are square and rectangular. It may not be pretty but what would I do, redesign the plane? The Germans were never about round things. Their tanks look blocky and had to use curved armor only because it made enemy rounds bounce off!

But I'll make a few changes.

The only thing I don't get is the double color shading.

Like the Hercules, you mean? The biggest plane ever agrees, I suppose. Or was that the AN-225? *mumbles*

[ img ]

Like this?

For the record, until this moment the plane was updated to this very point. I noticed recently the flaps and elevators are bordered in black:

[ img ]

Updated!
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale Junkers Ju-390 Bomber (Okay, I drew the Ju-88!)Posted: July 1st, 2013, 6:55 am
Tounushifan
ALVAMA had this H-4 Hercules shaded in a non-standard manner. Don't take it as example.
Also, we don't do additional shading for the wing (and horizontal stabilizer) struts. Shade on shade? Have You ever seen anything like this?
Way You made it, wings are casting shade due to source of light above them, while struts are casting shade due to source of light below and in front of them (somewhere on the ground level). :P
Logic of shading we use is in fact very straightforward. Don't try to think too much about it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tounushifan
Post subject: Re: FD scale Junkers Ju-390 Bomber (Okay, I drew the Ju-88!)Posted: July 1st, 2013, 2:02 pm
eswube wrote:
Tounushifan
ALVAMA had this H-4 Hercules shaded in a non-standard manner. Don't take it as example.
Also, we don't do additional shading for the wing (and horizontal stabilizer) struts. Shade on shade? Have You ever seen anything like this?
Way You made it, wings are casting shade due to source of light above them, while struts are casting shade due to source of light below and in front of them (somewhere on the ground level). :P
Logic of shading we use is in fact very straightforward. Don't try to think too much about it.
Okay, this should solve those points made.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Radome
Post subject: Re: FD scale Junkers Ju-390 Bomber (Okay, I drew the Ju-88!)Posted: July 1st, 2013, 2:16 pm
You are getting there. good job!
Only small details to fix.
The shade above the wheel box should be in lighter color as i said to show curve upwards and not darker color.
And the panel lines should be visible on the markings as they are painted on a plane and not glued on like stickers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 6  [ 59 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: