Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 41  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 641 »
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 9th, 2014, 4:48 pm
because I like the design for the ship. I like German WW2 super large battleships. I have a game for PS2 called naval ops warship gunner 2 and I just let my imagination go wild with the ship designs. I am going to customize the ship I am talking about here to the point so it can have both ww2 tech and modern day tech. for example the ship is not using propeller shafts because it cannot provide enough power to make it move so I will use 3 of my prototype super turbine water rocket engines. Later on I will post a picture of what it looks like, because now I haven't designed it on my laptop yet just on paper, with this engine the water pressure output is 900psi because what is making the water going through the engine accelerate. the top speed the ship goes to is unknown because I have to build it in real life.

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 9th, 2014, 4:50 pm
I am moving this topic to AU so it can make more sense.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 9th, 2014, 4:54 pm
LordBladaime wrote:
because I like the design for the ship. I like German WW2 super large battleships. I have a game for PS2 called naval ops warship gunner 2 and I just let my imagination go wild with the ship designs. I am going to customize the ship I am talking about here to the point so it can have both ww2 tech and modern day tech. for example the ship is not using propeller shafts because it cannot provide enough power to make it move so I will use 3 of my prototype super turbine water rocket engines. Later on I will post a picture of what it looks like, because now I haven't designed it on my laptop yet just on paper, with this engine the water pressure output is 900psi because what is making the water going through the engine accelerate.
Then you can model it. You don't need to build it in real life. It would bankrupt most local-scale economies instantly.
Quote:
the top speed the ship goes to is unknown because I have to build it in real life.
No, you don't. You can use some rudimentary freeware engineering programs (like Springsharp - Google it) to tell you that it will be slow.

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 9th, 2014, 4:56 pm
LordBladaime, unless you have relevant professional experience, I would sincerely recommend against building such a thing yourself. About the best case in the event of a mishap is that you get drenched, ranging all the way up to instant, unexpected death if a high-pressure casing comes apart in your vicinity. I'm not sure how much of this is you being in-character and how much isn't, but prudence demands I treat this as if genuine.

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 9th, 2014, 5:12 pm
the only reason why I want to do this myself is because my dad killed every single one of my inventions even these ships so I want to prove to my dad that this is possible and he will see the proof if I do this. I just want my dad to be proud of me.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 9th, 2014, 5:14 pm
Well your dad's right about this one. You should focus on something more practical and on a much smaller scale. Maybe repair something. Watch American Restoration for ideas maybe.

Building a 100,000 ton ship by yourself, especially at your age, is physically impossible. And it's not going to impress your dad except for the amount of debt you will incur.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 9th, 2014, 5:28 pm
This forum certainly attracts the weirdos...

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 9th, 2014, 5:31 pm
Ok, I will have my Company build the ship. Its not started yet but the name is Morring Sievert Enterprises. It will have 3 sectors. Sector 1 is Extra Planetary Exploration Vehicle Manufacturing. Sector 2 is New Energy Source Development. Sector 3 is Super Large Warship Development. Sector 3 will make this ship.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 9th, 2014, 5:38 pm
*Raising eyebrows, rolling eyes...*

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 9th, 2014, 5:40 pm
Guys, As imaginative as his ideas are, Let's give him a chance to produce a drawing. LordBladaime, please give us something in pixels to critique before you talk about what you want to do. You're only making the hole you're in deeper ever time you try to explain it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 41  [ 402 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 641 »

Jump to: