Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 41  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 541 »
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 8th, 2014, 11:31 pm
A real clash of the titans in this thread... :roll:

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 9th, 2014, 2:18 am
hello! Normally I don't comment on newcomers topic. but when I comment it's normally about how to draw, or sugestion about getting something to look a little better. but this time I will say something:

"turning OFF diplomatic filter!"

... The entire topic sounds like an 13 year old boy, with no realistic understanding ...

"Turning ON diplomatic filter!"

The biggest problem for us in this forum is that we don't understand what this topic is about. all that my own Navy, dictator but not an dictator... etc. text with little meaning etc.

there are Alternative universe topic whit a lot of sense in it, and alternative universe topic with no sense at all in it. what I am saying is that, if an AU (Alternative universe-topic) shall work, there must be some realism in it, that mean it could work in the real life.

For example that ship you want to use: it was presumably an dream design by Hitler drawn on some paper. I think it is just one of many myth. The ship would also be to big to handle, even to today's technology. yes we have build super tankers, and can operate them, but an Battleship that is bigger than an supertanker.... will give many new problems, first all the steal needed..., and then a power-plant to get it moving at a speed of 25+++++ knots....

my suggestion is to look at what other nation build, not what a mad man dreamed about. And I would say Yamato class is "probably" the limit of how big a battleship should be, before it is starting to be to big for surface operation. bigger than that: an island with gun's on would be more effective as an battleship!

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 9th, 2014, 5:13 am
heuhen wrote:
For example that ship you want to use: it was presumably an dream design by Hitler drawn on some paper. I think it is just one of many myth.
It's a known internet-era hypothetical that got picked up for a book about Napkinwaffe designs. While it's easy enough to imagine Hitler demanding Dora guns in turrets, it didn't happen.
heuhen wrote:
And I would say Yamato class is "probably" the limit of how big a battleship should be, before it is starting to be to big for surface operation. bigger than that: an island with gun's on would be more effective as an battleship!
I'd push the limit a bit higher (to say 80-85k tons displacement) if just to get a Montana battery (twelve 16" Mk 7s with super-heavy shells) and armor scheme (designed to counter her battery) up to 33 knots. You're still spending a lot for those extra 6 knots. Anything bigger in the pre-OGW era and you're not getting your resources' worth out if it.

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 9th, 2014, 3:37 pm
I have a plan to get the funds, I have designed a device that will make the power companies mad with me and it will create a revolutionary breakthrough with energy sources, called the Nuclear Cold Fusion Plasma electric generator it will make electricity cheaper using 2 elements to make electricity. I got the idea from the arc reactor from the movie Iron Man. the money i make selling these devises will provide me with the money to build the ship.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 9th, 2014, 3:50 pm
LordBladaime wrote:
I have a plan to get the funds, I have designed a device that will make the power companies mad with me and it will create a revolutionary breakthrough with energy sources, called the Nuclear Cold Fusion Plasma electric generator it will make electricity cheaper using 2 elements to make electricity. I got the idea from the arc reactor from the movie Iron Man. the money i make selling these devises will provide me with the money to build the ship.
:roll: Yeah, you're not helping your case in the trolling department.

I'm humor you for a moment, and ask for the nuclear reaction you plan on using (in as close to proper notation as the board supports).

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 9th, 2014, 3:55 pm
LordBladaime,

This may be a daft question, but you do know these forums generally aren't in character, right?

Ad

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 9th, 2014, 4:03 pm
fine I am going to remove the post about the device making power companies mad at me, I am just trying to make electricity free. My parents gave me up for adoption when I was 11 years old and I have been raised in group homes and foster homes and now I am in a adult group home but I have to pay to live there, I get $600 a month but what I get for allowance is $66.00 I want to eliminate the amount I pay for electricity so I can have more money to spend. I am not trying to troll I just want to help people.

[Profile] [Quote]
Shipright
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 9th, 2014, 4:04 pm
LordBladaime wrote:
Magic, got it.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 9th, 2014, 4:30 pm
Why in Good Lord's name would anybody even want a private navy, let alone expect the United States of America to fund one capable of challenging its own (save for a romanticism towards obsolete technology)?

[Profile] [Quote]
WWII44
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 9th, 2014, 4:46 pm
I find this "AU" to be highly illogical.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 41  [ 402 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 541 »

Jump to: