Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 7  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: BBGMN-029 Royal Sovereign H-11 classPosted: April 22nd, 2012, 5:59 am
I like the idea, but then when I dealve into it a little deeper there are some issues. I won't list them as they have already been tabled in previous posts. The basis is good, almost very good but the detail needs some radical rethinking (and research). Please see this as positive critisism and build on it mate :)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Erusia Force
Post subject: Re: BBGMN-029 Royal Sovereign H-11 classPosted: April 22nd, 2012, 5:38 pm
I understand the problems with bridge layout. My thoughts were to have two on the forecastle, the rear will be removed. I was planning to have the command bridge and the admiral's bridge above it since one of the roles I had intended for this ship would be a fleet command center, due to the space available onboard for such a task. Would that make sense? The smaller radars were in place just to test ideas and never final. overall, does the hull make sense? that is my main concern right now.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: BBGMN-029 Royal Sovereign H-11 classPosted: April 23rd, 2012, 3:15 am
Most ships outfitted for command duties have two bridges, or more typically two command levels (right on top of each other). Still, yours is a bit big, even for a dedicated flagship.

[Profile] [Quote]
Erusia Force
Post subject: Re: BBGMN-029 Royal Sovereign H-11 classPosted: April 25th, 2012, 4:34 pm
Here is an updated version with expanded VLS space and a compacted forecastle.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: BBGMN-029 Royal Sovereign H-11 classPosted: April 25th, 2012, 5:15 pm
I am still really doubted about the container ship hull you have here. the buld doesn't look that good either.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: BBGMN-029 Royal Sovereign H-11 classPosted: April 25th, 2012, 6:48 pm
Aside from the glaring problems pointed out by other members, I think it definitely has that "cool" look to it.

The fact that it has 3D radars and missiles means it has no elan, but it's still cool to look at.

[Profile] [Quote]
Erusia Force
Post subject: Re: BBGMN-029 Royal Sovereign H-11 classPosted: April 25th, 2012, 9:52 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
I am still really doubted about the container ship hull you have here. the buld doesn't look that good either.
Alright, so it needs some major revising in shading and perhaps a little more TLC. But in my defense, daring to be innovative is a positive thing. I understand that many who view this are deeply enveloped within modern systems and practices, and I thank you for your input. However, do consider that this particular ship is not only meant to participate in shore bombardment: It is also meant to be a fleet command center, with provisions to defend itself. While I have put considerable effort into the design to make it work, it does have flaws, as do ALL ships, including the lightly armored frigates and destroyers of the modern navy.

[Profile] [Quote]
Erusia Force
Post subject: Re: BBGMN-029 Royal Sovereign H-11 classPosted: April 25th, 2012, 9:53 pm
Colosseum wrote:
Aside from the glaring problems pointed out by other members, I think it definitely has that "cool" look to it.

The fact that it has 3D radars and missiles means it has no elan, but it's still cool to look at.
How would you suggest I improve this problem?

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: BBGMN-029 Royal Sovereign H-11 classPosted: April 25th, 2012, 10:41 pm
I suggest the fitting of a reusable bow.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: BBGMN-029 Royal Sovereign H-11 classPosted: April 26th, 2012, 1:02 am
Erusia Force wrote:
Colosseum wrote:

How would you suggest I improve this problem?
Remove all weapon systems that aren't main battery turrets or crew-served anti-aircraft guns, remove all fancy radars, remove helicopters and ship seaplanes.

Done diddly done.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 7  [ 63 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »

Jump to: