Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 13 of 18  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1518 »
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 20th, 2010, 9:42 pm
Look up the Bell AV-X. And these are (same as always), built in the Isle of Targos. (Yes, I changed the name.)

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 21st, 2010, 12:47 am
ezgo394 wrote:
Look up the Bell AV-X. And these are (same as always), built in the Isle of Targos. (Yes, I changed the name.)
  1. Don't call it the Bell AV-X. It's from a company called "AVX Aircraft Company", and one of their proposals use the Bell OH-58D.
  2. They don't have a flying prototype yet.
  3. To do this they gut the engines, transmission, and tail structure. Airframes do not generally take to having parts pulled off.
  4. I have no doubt the individuals working on this proposal are competent and good at their job, I question the complexity and cost of modifying an old design vs. buying a new one.
  5. Do not get me started on the Comanche and ARH programs
Also you used a different aircraft than the original proposal was for.

[ img ]

You used AH-1s and UH-1s.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 21st, 2010, 12:50 am
Yes, I realize that. The AH-1/UH-1 (our version) was purpose built that way.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 21st, 2010, 3:19 am
What was wrong with the ARH?

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 21st, 2010, 3:26 am
Colosseum wrote:
What was wrong with the ARH?
Nothing. Other than the money that we spent on it, combined with the cost of Canceling the Comanche comes close to the cost of a projected Comanche buy.

Gates, may he have the same hellish fate as Rummy and Strange.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 21st, 2010, 4:16 am
Well, at least a lot of the money that would've gone to Comanche/ARH got funneled into the UH-60M, UH-72A and CH-47G programs so it's not a total waste.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 21st, 2010, 8:51 am
Any money going into a program and the program is cancelled, just because the beans-counters don't want to pour more money into the program, that is a waste.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 31st, 2010, 2:48 am
Well, im in school right now,and have little time for designing. I do have a quick question though.

Can the SH-3 Sea King "compete" with newer helicopters? Could I "upgrade" it like they do with the Huey?

Also, what would be a good navy size for a country 135 miles across and 20 million people? I have seen numerous articles about countries that are the same size but their navies are never a close number.
I was thinking maybe 40-50 ships.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 31st, 2010, 4:43 am
ezgo394 wrote:
Well, im in school right now,and have little time for designing.
If you ever ask yourself, "do I have my priorities straight?", this is your first clue.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 31st, 2010, 1:02 pm
Yeah my priorities are straight. Why wouldn't they be?

Do you have anything concerning the questions? That's the only reason I posted a reply, not to say that "I'm back in school."

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 13 of 18  [ 173 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1518 »

Jump to: