Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 11 of 18  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page « 19 10 11 12 1318 »
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 16th, 2010, 12:32 am
OMG!! Look at this!
Challenger 2 is 37 Feet long!
[ img ]
Its just a little bit taller. Its not a concern for us.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 16th, 2010, 6:38 am
Good luck finding a bridge over which to drive.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 16th, 2010, 8:28 am
The easiest explanation is that it was simply drawn over-scale.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 16th, 2010, 6:22 pm
AVLB.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 17th, 2010, 2:00 am
Quote:
Cool, I'll have quite a bit of fun knocking every single one of your tanks out because they present such a high profile in battle.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 17th, 2010, 2:37 am
Colosseum wrote:
Quote:
Cool, I'll have quite a bit of fun knocking every single one of your tanks out because they present such a high profile in battle.
With what?

And what do you mean by high profile? I know exactly what you meant, but its only 2 feet taller than the Abrams.

Its only 40 feet long, 10 feet high to the top of the turret, 13 at the extreme and it weighs around 80 tons. Why do yall think it is so freaking huge?

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 17th, 2010, 2:54 am
Because it is. An M1 already has problems navigating in cities and they are bloody murder on non-paved infrastructure. Making them bigger wont help.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 17th, 2010, 3:18 am
ezgo394 wrote:
Colosseum wrote:
Quote:
With what?

And what do you mean by high profile? I know exactly what you meant, but its only 2 feet taller than the Abrams.

Its only 40 feet long, 10 feet high to the top of the turret, 13 at the extreme and it weighs around 80 tons. Why do yall think it is so freaking huge?
Ever look at the weight limits on bridges? Or the height-limits on underpasses?

And if you are two feet taller than a Abrams, you are going to be easier to spot. And if I can spot you I can call in a strike on your position from that vehicle mounted UAV that has grenade sized laser-guided munitions, or artillery (using the indirect fire from my tanks waiting three ridges over).

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 17th, 2010, 3:31 am
Good thing we have only 2 official enemies.
Quote:
Ever look at the weight limits on bridges? Or the height-limits on underpasses?

And if you are two feet taller than a Abrams, you are going to be easier to spot. And if I can spot you I can call in a strike on your position from that vehicle mounted UAV that has grenade sized laser-guided munitions, or artillery (using the indirect fire from my tanks waiting three ridges over).
Why hasnt that happened to any Abrams yet? You could do the same thing to the Abrams, Leopard, Leclerc, Merkava, Challenger, etc.

Also, for the bridges, use AVLBs, and if its a river use pontoons or ferrys or dive. Im trying to make a smaller one but its not working out for me.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 17th, 2010, 4:06 am
ezgo394 wrote:
Why hasnt that happened to any Abrams yet? You could do the same thing to the Abrams, Leopard, Leclerc, Merkava, Challenger, etc.
Because there hasn't been a matched tank battle in what, 60 years?
Quote:
Also, for the bridges, use AVLBs, and if its a river use pontoons or ferrys or dive.
HAHAHAHA. No.

It's the muddy gulches, and the big rivers that get you. Look at the bridges in Iraq, and the paths of advance and you will see just how important bridges are. AVLBs have weight limits you know. And the areas around where you put them can't be too soft ground or they will sink in.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 11 of 18  [ 173 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 19 10 11 12 1318 »

Jump to: