Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: kdx-1 class (south korean navy)Posted: February 20th, 2011, 1:51 pm
TimothyC wrote:
Gollevainen wrote:
If you use Paint, then the font sizes should be 11 for the ship and 9 for the name (otherwise follow the template instructions.)
Really? I was using 10-10.5 for the large text and 7.5-8 for the small.
For MS Paint only, not for Paint.NET.

Really great start Hong!

[Quote]
Demon Lord Razgriz
Post subject: Re: kdx-1 class (south korean navy)Posted: February 20th, 2011, 4:47 pm
Even with MS Paint, 10 & 8 is what is used. 11 & 9 ends up a tad too big.

Atlas V
Delta II/III
Project Constellation
Soyuz series

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: kdx-1 class (south korean navy)Posted: February 20th, 2011, 4:52 pm
Demon Lord Razgriz wrote:
Even with MS Paint, 10 & 8 is what is used. 11 & 9 ends up a tad too big.
Also yes. If you use Vista or W7, but XP and 98 you use 10&8. :?

[Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: kdx-1 class (south korean navy)Posted: February 20th, 2011, 6:43 pm
Hmm. I took a look what I've actually used,
I've used actually 11 for the ship name, and some realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly old copy-paste part of Mconrad's writings for my own name. (can't really say what font it is in Paint, I think it was done by Photoshop)

as long as you get anyway near looking good would be fine. Clarity in shipnames and proper credits count more than few pixels here and there

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: kdx-1 class (south korean navy)Posted: February 20th, 2011, 7:14 pm
Deleted

Last edited by Colombamike on March 30th, 2011, 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: kdx-1 class (south korean navy)Posted: February 20th, 2011, 7:18 pm
colombimike, you really think that is an good source? the thales renders are known to be quite inaccurate....

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: kdx-1 class (south korean navy)Posted: February 20th, 2011, 7:30 pm
Quote:
colombimike, you really think that is an good source? the thales renders are known to be quite inaccurate....
This is interesting; as the Thales drawing of the ex Hermes, now Viraat, looks very dodgy around the lower hull at the stern? If these drawings are not accurate maybe we need to be careful using them.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: kdx-1 class (south korean navy)Posted: February 20th, 2011, 7:39 pm
well, they are good enough to work with, but not good enough to work from. so it is good to use them as source, as long as you have other sources to back it up with and control it. so saying this ship should be drawn anew while he worked from an picture, and the proof of that being an thales render...... I wouldn't call that an good idea.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: kdx-1 class (south korean navy)Posted: February 20th, 2011, 8:07 pm
If it's any help, I can contribute with this picture of 973 Yangmanchun.

All relevant Coat of Arms

Last edited by KimWerner on February 20th, 2011, 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: kdx-1 class (south korean navy)Posted: February 20th, 2011, 8:12 pm
Thales renders.. I do advice to don't use them!

[Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 36 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: