Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 5  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: BOU Nabarra -Armed Trawler-Posted: March 27th, 2013, 9:30 am
Ok, two more minor issues which I noticed: please move the row of windows on the pilot house one pixel aft to avoid double black pixel lines. Also, where did those diminutive bridge wings (or whatever they really were!?!) go??? Please check your source picture again. Coincidentally this would entail the moving back of the positioning lantern; again use your very informative source picture for the exact reference.

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: BOU Nabarra -Armed Trawler-Posted: March 27th, 2013, 10:59 am
It's nice to see all your different versions and the evolution of your skill. You are defineatly improving and your ship is starting to look great. There are a couple of things I like to point out, mostly regarding 'formality' of shipucket.
  • *As pointed out before, the doors should be outlined black and not grey
    *I checked your picture and your 'black' is inconsistent throughout the picture, ranging from RGB 1/1/1 to something like RGB 15/14/12. It should be a uniform RGB 0/0/0
    *There are still double black lines left in the masts and rigging,
    *Your anchor could use a bit more detailing, it does not look like the one on the picture here. There is a parts sheer with anchors here, maybe you can find one that fits.
    *Your flag aft looks a bit oversized to me, maybe you can make it a bit smaller
    *The forward holes in the railing should all have the same form and size, while those midships look more rectengular on the photos
    *The grate railings are not in shipbucket standard
    *The rope ladders could use a bit more 'regularity', for example like this
    *Your hull 'lines' still seem a bit too 'dominant' (to me, at least). Maybe you can tone them down a bit?
Now, keep on drawing, you are improving with every step and the deatils are always the hardest parts!

[Profile] [Quote]
Kretoxian
Post subject: Re: BOU Nabarra -Armed Trawler-Posted: March 27th, 2013, 10:07 pm
I've had a very busy day and i seldomly found time to be at the computer. However i could make some things:

[ img ]

please note that the ropes of the poles aren't finished.
Quote:
*As pointed out before, the doors should be outlined black and not grey
*I checked your picture and your 'black' is inconsistent throughout the picture, ranging from RGB 1/1/1 to something like RGB 15/14/12. It should be a uniform RGB 0/0/0
*There are still double black lines left in the masts and rigging,
*Your anchor could use a bit more detailing, it does not look like the one on the picture here. There is a parts sheer with anchors here, maybe you can find one that fits.
*Your flag aft looks a bit oversized to me, maybe you can make it a bit smaller
*The forward holes in the railing should all have the same form and size, while those midships look more rectengular on the photos
*The grate railings are not in shipbucket standard
*The rope ladders could use a bit more 'regularity', for example like this
*Your hull 'lines' still seem a bit too 'dominant' (to me, at least). Maybe you can tone them down a bit?
doors - done
Double black lines - Almost done (i think)
Anchor - done
Republican spanish naval ensign - that's the standard size of the naval ensign. I don't think it's oversized.
Holes - in progress, midship ones already made a bit bigger
Railings - I tried the shipbucket standard ones but none of them fitted so i took the colour from them and made it's own ones, i think they're the most approppiate ones.
Rope ladders - in progress
hull lines - on the to-do list.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kretoxian
Post subject: Re: BOU Nabarra -Armed Trawler-Posted: March 28th, 2013, 4:15 pm
Ok how is she now?

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: BOU Nabarra -Armed Trawler-Posted: March 28th, 2013, 4:24 pm
Welcome on board mate :D I've just open this thread - which is very interesting (I didn't knew anything of the Basque Navy!) - and it's a joy to see how you're progressing ;)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: BOU Nabarra -Armed Trawler-Posted: March 28th, 2013, 8:33 pm
Welcome on board, and sorry for being late in welcoming you. From the first drawing to the last you seem to have made some remarkable progress, which is good. However I would like to point out some things regarding your work so far.
* Hull lines, those especially, under water usually are not shown. Rule of thumb is if you see it in real life ship at the same size of a SB scale drawing than you can show it on the drawing.
* There should be also a lot less lines as seen in the reference pictures you have provided.
* The funnel looks wrong, as in the pictures there is no thicker part in the middle of the funnel. These are bracing for the wires which support the funnel
* You have missed the small boat on davits just in front of the bridge
* From the photographs it seems that there are portholes on the forecastle, and there are at least three portholes on the stern, just below the aft gun.
* Try to use a different propeller as the one currently used looks too modern.
* It is my belief that your ensign is too big.
I hope these remarks will help in making your drawing a fitting one for the next upload session.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Kretoxian
Post subject: Re: BOU Nabarra -Armed Trawler-Posted: March 29th, 2013, 8:46 am
Novice wrote:
Welcome on board, and sorry for being late in welcoming you. From the first drawing to the last you seem to have made some remarkable progress, which is good. However I would like to point out some things regarding your work so far.
* Hull lines, those especially, under water usually are not shown. Rule of thumb is if you see it in real life ship at the same size of a SB scale drawing than you can show it on the drawing.
* There should be also a lot less lines as seen in the reference pictures you have provided.
* The funnel looks wrong, as in the pictures there is no thicker part in the middle of the funnel. These are bracing for the wires which support the funnel
* You have missed the small boat on davits just in front of the bridge
* From the photographs it seems that there are portholes on the forecastle, and there are at least three portholes on the stern, just below the aft gun.
* Try to use a different propeller as the one currently used looks too modern.
* It is my belief that your ensign is too big.
I hope these remarks will help in making your drawing a fitting one for the next upload session.
Thanks for your feedback but there are some points i'd like to discuss:

-Hull lines: Some people told me to tone them down, some others nothing and now you tell me to erase them?. I already toned them down and, IMO they are right because they contribute to give a feeling of relief on the hull.
-Lines: I can count up to six in the photo and 5 in the drawing (without counting the underwater ones) if any, there should be one more line in the drawing.
-Funnel: the funnel was leaning towards stern that's why it's like that. And there's not any thicker part in the funnel at all, there's a wider part which must be there. This ship had no wires supporting the funnel.
-The boat on davits is already there, check it again. It's not lifted though.
-Portholes on forecastle added.
-Propellers: That was the only fitting one from the templates sheet. The other ones were either too small or too big.
-Ensign: I took the naval ensign from the drawing of Jaime I here, but i don't how to make it smaller without screwing it completely.

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: BOU Nabarra -Armed Trawler-Posted: March 29th, 2013, 10:47 am
Flags can be tricky. I took the liberty of making a few smaller suggestions, I hope you don't mind:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Kretoxian
Post subject: Re: BOU Nabarra -Armed Trawler-Posted: March 29th, 2013, 11:29 am
DG_Alpha wrote:
Flags can be tricky. I took the liberty of making a few smaller suggestions, I hope you don't mind:
[ img ]
No, not at all. Thanks!

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: BOU Nabarra -Armed Trawler-Posted: March 29th, 2013, 9:43 pm
* Hull lines - I didn't suggest removing them entirely, only those from the underwater hull, it will look tidier IMHO.
* Funnel - It was only my opinion that there is no thicker part in the middle, and I still think there is no such part in the funnel.
* Funnel lines _ Ire checked the picture you provided Here, and I sill think there are bracing , especially in front of the funnel.
* Portholes - they are painted in a uniform blue color, as mentioned earlier.
* The boat - I see something but it isn't recognizable as a boat. Maybe if you raise it a little and make it look more like a boat ?
* Propeller - make one to fit your ship, you certainly have enough talent.
* Flag - DG-Alpha provided the answer.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 5  [ 43 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: