Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 5  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: BOU Nabarra -Armed Trawler-Posted: March 26th, 2013, 12:02 am
That's right, just abaft the tiny (and obviously extremely cramped bridge wings!) I forgot that detail!

[Profile] [Quote]
Kretoxian
Post subject: Re: BOU Nabarra -Armed Trawler-Posted: March 26th, 2013, 1:23 pm
Quote:
I looked at your sites, and while they, indeed, gave a most valuable general side elevation of the Nabarra, the submitted photos of the real ship should still be studiously scrutinized for the correct shape and form and size of details. You are getting very close to a finished product. There are still a few "ehems" that need to be addressed, such as the (collapsible?) bridge wings, with tarp covering and the fact that, while you, indeed, noticed the missing railing behind the bridge house, you've got two colors now for the same thing; beige and grey, since the railings atop the bridge house also have tarp covering. I compliment you on the shape and appearance of your beige tarp. Now, why not use that as a model to shape the covering atop that bridge as well as the bridge wings? Tarps doesn't need to be beige, though, for some curious reason that is the most common color choice among artists here. If they're grey, they're grey! However, I'd take pains in doing them slightly darker than the superstructure color and also include the "ribs" of the railing behind it. Alas the guns doesn't look quite right. Didn't you notice the Mk XIX? Compare it with your photographic evidence!
I wouldn't be so sure about it being a railing covered in tarp or just a wooden railing, maybe i would opt for a wooden railing because of that strange artifact on top of the ceiling resembling the roof of a... house?, what could be that BTW?
Quote:
under the bridge window you are missing the navigation lantern. it shall have an green color to it. with a black-grey (rgb: 41,41,41) background.
Could that lantern be like the one in this ship?
http://shipbucket.com/images.php?dir=R ... no1923.png
Quote:
I feel so embarrased. :oops:
When I wrote about shading, it was supposed to be "from left to right" so completely opposite - in other words: it should be lighter on the side of the bow, and darker on the side of the stern.
(bangs head into desk)
I am so sorry for that and I beg You for forgiveness - it's just not my day it seems.
(btw. there are some ships around that have been posted and even uploaded to main archive with shading "other way round", so maybe it would be accepted without changing it)
Lol, don't worry. No problem. Thank for all your help. I've already corrected it. It was a matter of seconds, literally.

BTW thanks you all for your support!

[Profile] [Quote]
Kretoxian
Post subject: Re: BOU Nabarra -Armed Trawler-Posted: March 26th, 2013, 7:34 pm
Ok, i would like to hear your opinion now, gentlemen:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: BOU Nabarra -Armed Trawler-Posted: March 26th, 2013, 8:15 pm
Much improved, I say! Now your drawing agrees with the submitted photos, which means that, since it's a real design, you could submit it to the archive.
To answer your comments on my remarks. Yes, you could be right about it being a wooden enforced bulwark on top of the pilot house. However, I cannot see the wisdom in adding flammable material, especially at such a crucial and potentially vulnerable position. Simple tarp coverings would be logical; but then the Spanish navy at both Santiago and Manila carried a preponderance of such material, effectively turning the hapless Spaniards into giant, floating torches.
The object you're referring to, could've been a temporary covered shelter for the watch. It could also have served as a very crude and primitive fire control station for the vessel's guns. I really cannot tell and be sure. It may have been erected by simple plywood boards, since I can imagine the Republican side, and especially the Basque insurgent navy would've lacked even the most essential resources to outfit men-o'-war!

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: BOU Nabarra -Armed Trawler-Posted: March 26th, 2013, 8:27 pm
I'm guessing it's a hatchway.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kretoxian
Post subject: Re: BOU Nabarra -Armed Trawler-Posted: March 26th, 2013, 10:01 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Much improved, I say! Now your drawing agrees with the submitted photos, which means that, since it's a real design, you could submit it to the archive.
To answer your comments on my remarks. Yes, you could be right about it being a wooden enforced bulwark on top of the pilot house. However, I cannot see the wisdom in adding flammable material, especially at such a crucial and potentially vulnerable position. Simple tarp coverings would be logical; but then the Spanish navy at both Santiago and Manila carried a preponderance of such material, effectively turning the hapless Spaniards into giant, floating torches.
The object you're referring to, could've been a temporary covered shelter for the watch. It could also have served as a very crude and primitive fire control station for the vessel's guns. I really cannot tell and be sure. It may have been erected by simple plywood boards, since I can imagine the Republican side, and especially the Basque insurgent navy would've lacked even the most essential resources to outfit men-o'-war!

Su.. submit it to the archive? wow! when i started checking this page almost one year ago i couldn't believe that one of my drawings, specially the first ship i drawn, would make it to the archive!

BTW how can i submit it?

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: BOU Nabarra -Armed Trawler-Posted: March 26th, 2013, 10:36 pm
Well, it's not submission time yet, but when it s, you'll know. However, the responsible moderator(-s) have final say, so, maybe one of them can give you a more exhaustive reply?

[Profile] [Quote]
Kretoxian
Post subject: Re: BOU Nabarra -Armed Trawler-Posted: March 26th, 2013, 11:07 pm
Ok, now the somewhat definitive version after i added something that should be there:

BOU Nabarra in February 1937

[ img ]

BOU Nabarra in December 1936

[ img ]

For the next ship i'm going to do i'd like to know if there's any drawing of a 8mm Steyr MG and another of a Hotchkiss 9mm

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: BOU Nabarra -Armed Trawler-Posted: March 27th, 2013, 12:48 am
Two points, the text is anti-aliased, and that should be changed (there are plenty of tutorials online for how to turn it off), and the hatches on the superstructure should be outlined in black - not grey.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kretoxian
Post subject: Re: BOU Nabarra -Armed Trawler-Posted: March 27th, 2013, 9:12 am
TimothyC wrote:
Two points, the text is anti-aliased, and that should be changed (there are plenty of tutorials online for how to turn it off), and the hatches on the superstructure should be outlined in black - not grey.
Text - Done

Hatches, what hatches outlined in grey are you talking about? i couldn't find any...

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 5  [ 43 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: