Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Multi purpose destroyerPosted: July 1st, 2012, 2:34 pm
looking good!
you might like it that I am designing an similar ship right now, your ideas inspired me a bit :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Canopus
Post subject: Re: Multi purpose destroyerPosted: July 2nd, 2012, 7:28 pm
That really nice to hear, glady I contributed to something even if it's just inspiration. So... what it's going to be, a frigate, a corvette or what?

I just installed some Dutch radars and sensors, I hope I put the correct ones correctly. And I also made a crude pump jet from the single picture I found of the Sea Jet's one, probably should have draw a mix of an azipod with a sub pump jet as a placeholder. I re-positioned the mid stabilizing fins to the gap between hulls in order to make life at harbor a little easier without having to use a folding system. Other than small details on the top view, and that damn pump jet, I think the drawing is pretty much finished.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Multi purpose destroyerPosted: July 2nd, 2012, 7:37 pm
well, the radars need some work, (such as systems that overlap in role or mismatch in era) but sadly, I have no time to help you out at the moment.
and as I have no time to work on it in the next few days, I will post links to my design here...
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/63276563/FF_LC ... S%20v1.bmp
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/63276563/FF_LC ... sb%202.png
currently calculating her...... but well, she is designed to be an steel ship based on LCS-2 and that ferry, but with an length of 150m oa and 132 Lwl, and a bit more conventional in weapons, structure and systems. speed of about 40 knots, propulsion power about 10000KW. as you can see, still in the early design stages :P trying out the possibilities of such an design.

[Profile] [Quote]
Canopus
Post subject: Re: Multi purpose destroyerPosted: July 3rd, 2012, 12:34 am
Don't worry too much, help me when you have time. It's a nice looking ship, very elegant, can't wait to see it when it's more complete. But are you sure it's 10000 KW and not MW? I'm no naval engineer but if the Benchijigua Express needs almost four times that power to reach 42 knots and your ship is bigger and heavier...

Back on speed... assuming that my pump jets would work and they wouldn't be a limiting factor for speed (or replace them with a screw if you must), what would be your guess for the speed of this thing if I kept its displacement and power (18000 t and 125 MW). I know that most warships stroll at much lower speeds and that most navies are happy in the high 20s

PS: I dug up some pics of the belly of the Sea Jet and its propulsion system, probably the RIMJET, looks like this: http://kookbang.dema.mil.kr/newspaper/n ... 9/7994.jpg
GS has this pic among the others of the Sea Jet: http://www.globalsecurity.org/jhtml/jfr ... -05171.jpg||| which used for inspiration. It's shafted so it's not the RIMJET and it's shrouded, but the tunnel is really long. Any idea on what this thing is, or if it's even the Sea Jet (a side view of that thing would really help me and my pump jet)?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Multi purpose destroyerPosted: July 3rd, 2012, 6:39 pm
I should stop trusting my schools software -.- 10000 kw is a bit on the low size....
I'll return to my and your design with some calcs later, when I have time :P I suppose about 30-40, maybe more. same counts for that jet, I'll look into it later for ya ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5

Jump to: