Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
Cipher53
Post subject: Next-Gen US FrigatePosted: July 30th, 2011, 6:36 am
Relocated from here for the sake of getting a thread with more visibility, as well as starting over with the new design that I've been working on.

[ img ]

I've used all of the parts sheets that I could find that were updated, and thus far the only things left to do are;
  • Fitting 8 Harpoon launch tubes
  • Fitting a Mark 32 Triple Torpedo Launch Tube
  • Fitting SPG-51/62 directors
  • Performing shading and reassigning lighter colors to some currently hardlines
  • Adding railings and safety nets
Any suggestions as to additions to the ship would be appreciated (Especially on the grounds of electronic warfare modules and countermeasures. Not too knowledgeable on that.) Trying to make a ship that uses mostly equipment that is already present within the USN's stock via the Ticonderogas and Arleigh Burkes, Oliver Hazard Perrys if necessary.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Next-Gen US FrigatePosted: July 30th, 2011, 6:41 am
I presume by 'Next-Gen' you are intending this to be a ship entering service in the present? In which case I would question the use of Mk26 missile launchers over a VLS. But otherwise it seems promising :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Cipher53
Post subject: Re: Next-Gen US FrigatePosted: July 30th, 2011, 6:55 am
Rowdy36 wrote:
I presume by 'Next-Gen' you are intending this to be a ship entering service in the present? In which case I would question the use of Mk26 missile launchers over a VLS. But otherwise it seems promising :)
The first rendering I do is supposed to be the first of class in the 90's (Which is about the time an OHP replacement would come around in my opinion), I'll be doing a 2000's era ship that had the Mk26 replaced with Mk41s as those became more prominent in the USN's ships. (I presume that spares for the Mk26s would start dwindling, so it'd be desirable to remod the frigates similar to the cruisers)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Next-Gen US FrigatePosted: July 30th, 2011, 6:57 am
Fair enough then, I look forward to further updates!

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Next-Gen US FrigatePosted: July 30th, 2011, 1:08 pm
the 90s is too late for the armlauncher. By then they'd started building burkes, they'd build a bucket load of vls ticos and they had successfully refitted a number of sprucans for vls. I can see no reason why they wouldn't continue that trend.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only”

Jump to: