[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 20  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 620 »
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Anghellis Class CruiserPosted: May 15th, 2011, 7:18 pm
somthing like this Ace...?
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Anghellis Class CruiserPosted: May 15th, 2011, 7:21 pm
haha yes that was something like what I had in mind... except for the fact that the engines are not in the pod and the tube around the prop. (left that out intentionally, because it makes a lot of noise) (and of course reversed.... for the efficiency of the pod system.)

[Profile] [Quote]
Andorianus
Post subject: Re: Anghellis Class CruiserPosted: May 15th, 2011, 7:58 pm
Last post for today, got to go to bed. Tomorrow I need to get back to work again.
Quote:
well, let's define the looks then, before drawing is started again. VLS on the bow, but an gun before it, and before that we need space for mooring and anchoring gear. so leave the 50 meters empty, except for these things.
Is that including the X bow I had on the previous Anghellis?
Quote:
after that we start the bridge, or we put an platform on it for an CIWS. at the stern you'll want an 50 meter long helideck (space for all kinds of helo's) and an hangar of the same size.
Wow, that large? That's already 100 meter of my 160m ship. Well, okay then. Guess I'll just have to increase the size once more.
Quote:
made you an underwater hull. I tried to merge the possibilities of the classic propulsion system (relative silence, efficiency) with the azipod (manouvrability) hence the pod and rudder. I ended up using some sort of azimuth system, which put's the engine outside of the pod: this uses up space, but makes your pod smaller.... but more complicated. reliability will be an issue now.... but other then that, it should work ok.
Marvellous! Splendid work, thanks a lot. The system you came up with is (I think) just what I was looking for. So I can just use that hull right away?
Quote:
except for the fact that the engines are not in the pod and the tube around the prop. (left that out intentionally, because it makes a lot of noise0
I thought such a ducted propellor would reduce sound levels instead? It does on helicopters and planes, that is.
http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/he ... 212a.shtml

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Anghellis Class CruiserPosted: May 15th, 2011, 8:05 pm
1. no. you want to keep that? I will look back into that then..... I have drawn an example of how it could work myself, for my AU. that is on an much smaller ship though.... and please note: that is no X-bow
2. hmm no you are right on that. I will relook on that, they were just rough estimates
3. use it, please ;)
4. not on ships. on ships it improves efficiency (less water pulled to the sides)

[Profile] [Quote]
Andorianus
Post subject: Re: Anghellis Class CruiserPosted: May 16th, 2011, 2:00 pm
Quote:
1. no. you want to keep that? I will look back into that then..... I have drawn an example of how it could work myself, for my AU. that is on an much smaller ship though.... and please note: that is no X-bow
Oh wait... I looked at it again, yes, the hull is somewhat different from what I have now.

I believe it is something more like this?
[ img ]
(Still not 100% accurate as the waterline lies too low and the top of the bow needs to be taller, but you get the idea. Sorry for my poor shading too. Partial credit goes to Wakazashi.)

[Profile] [Quote]
Carnac
Post subject: Re: Anghellis Class CruiserPosted: May 16th, 2011, 2:07 pm
[ img ]
[ img ]
X-Bows IRL / IRL design

edit: and please for the love of god, get rid of that damn gun

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Anghellis Class CruiserPosted: May 16th, 2011, 2:16 pm
fact is, why would you want an X-bow? I can not really think of an reason why an warship should have one, and yours is way too low anyways.... you will have to redesign your entire ship for an X-bow, and she will look more like an huge tug then an warship after that XD

[Profile] [Quote]
Carnac
Post subject: Re: Anghellis Class CruiserPosted: May 16th, 2011, 2:21 pm
I'm trying to imagine one of those X-Bow things with guns and VLS. It's pretty lol. Of course, this is an NS design and the rule of cool prevails.

[Profile] [Quote]
Andorianus
Post subject: Re: Anghellis Class CruiserPosted: May 16th, 2011, 4:23 pm
Quote:
edit: and please for the love of god, get rid of that damn gun
I will, I will. :D
Quote:
fact is, why would you want an X-bow? I can not really think of an reason why an warship should have one, and yours is way too low anyways.... you will have to redesign your entire ship for an X-bow, and she will look more like an huge tug then an warship after that XD
Fine, keep things as as they are then. I didn't like the looks of the X bow anyways. ;-)

Next step, I suppose?

EDIT: Btw, do I need to add a bow screw too?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Anghellis Class CruiserPosted: May 16th, 2011, 7:34 pm
yeah, next step: defining the spaces. the stern: 25 meters helideck, 20-25 meters hangar. the bow: 50 meters clear deck, which we will fill up with 1. anchor winch. 2. the gun and 3. the VLS. aft of that you can put your original bridge, if you want, or an modified one (but please, PLEASE lose those missile launchers!) we will see how that looks, and what work has to be done. keep the amidships area empty for now.
btw, could you post a list of the missiles you decided on? or put them on the drawing already? that way I can see if it will all work out ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 20  [ 196 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 620 »

Jump to: