Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 6  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: New Federal Republic of Aznaiza DestoyersPosted: March 27th, 2014, 7:44 pm
please take the oto 127mm gun from this sheet here ;) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/63276563/belowdeck%20guns.png where do people keep finding those outdated parts?
btw, for some reason there are quite a lot of horrible pixel artifacts on your drawing. if you zoom in you see that no 9 adjoining pixels are exactly the same colour.

I still think the ship is on the small size for 2 Mk 10 GMLS (you could get away with it on a hull the size of the USS leahy, but that ship had 2 guns which were together less then the weight of the compact, fitted amidships to keep the bow and stern clear)

the problem of the systems fit will become apparent when you add the needed directors forward as well.

keeping all that in mind, I suggest removing the forward GMLS and instead install an ASROC box launcher. the aft launcher would best be an horizontal loader as well, instead of the diagonal you have now. try to place the torpedo tubes amidships, and 2 phalanxes should be enough (the phalanx was actually designed way later then this ship). this would leave the deck on top of the Mk 10 available for vertrep and maybe even helicopter landing.

that said, you are learning, I can see that! keep up the progress ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: New Federal Republic of Aznaiza DestoyersPosted: March 27th, 2014, 8:16 pm
Charwhick wrote:
Arc on the front GMLS might be restricted by the gun. You've got a nice space center, would you consider a helipad there?
you can't have an helipad on center. one movement in the ship while an helicopter lands and... well massive explosion....!

Quote:
where do people keep finding those outdated parts?
the old partsheet is still on the main page, just in an subfolder under the name "old parts sheet" somthing that can be confused with, these are old weapons....

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: New Federal Republic of Aznaiza DestoyersPosted: March 27th, 2014, 8:29 pm
heuhen wrote:
you can't have an helipad on center. one movement in the ship while an helicopter lands and... well massive explosion....!
I hope you told the Royal Navy.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: New Federal Republic of Aznaiza DestoyersPosted: March 27th, 2014, 8:53 pm
erik_t wrote:
heuhen wrote:

[ img ]
I know about that concept. but why have they not build it....

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: New Federal Republic of Aznaiza DestoyersPosted: March 27th, 2014, 8:56 pm
politics. cost. no technical reasons, IIRC.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: New Federal Republic of Aznaiza DestoyersPosted: March 27th, 2014, 9:01 pm
I'm not a huge fan of the concept, but it was evaluated very seriously for a number of years. If it wouldn't work at all, it never would have received so much analysis.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: New Federal Republic of Aznaiza DestoyersPosted: March 27th, 2014, 9:43 pm
erik_t wrote:
heuhen wrote:

Probably because he told them :)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: New Federal Republic of Aznaiza DestoyersPosted: March 27th, 2014, 9:54 pm
klagldsf wrote:
erik_t wrote:
heuhen wrote:

Probably because he told them :)
that explain it!

but are we not sidetracking a bit here.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: New Federal Republic of Aznaiza DestoyersPosted: March 27th, 2014, 9:57 pm
The real reason is because they essentially halved the number of systems into the Type 42 instead, as ace said. The reason why the Type 42s got the traditional pad on the end is because it likely resulted in a shorter hull, and thus saved costs.

I should also mention that the Type 42s were predicted to have short service lives due to the predicted obsolescence of their detection and tracking systems, and were thus designed accordingly.

This is hardly an invalid approach to warship engineering.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ruterra
Post subject: Re: New Federal Republic of Aznaiza DestoyersPosted: March 27th, 2014, 10:16 pm
[ img ]

Newly updated.

I have not fixed any pixel artifacts yet but I have added the ASROC back. Should I have the ASROC directly on the main deck or on an elevated level like I have it? Also what types of objects should I use to fill the center of the ship? Finally what can I do to create a helicopter pad on top of the Mk 10 Horizontal GMLS?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 6  [ 58 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: