Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 1 of 6  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Vossiej
Post subject: Pushing shipbucket to the limits.Posted: October 5th, 2010, 7:02 am
Hi guys,

Im working on a project that will simply blow your mind. I have always wanted to design the largest ships imagenable, as you can see in some of my previous designs.
Here's a sneak preview:

[ img ]

Everything you see might be changed in the end.

[Profile]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Pushing shipbucket to the limits.Posted: October 5th, 2010, 7:26 am
Is this that stupid freedomship design?

[Profile]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: Pushing shipbucket to the limits.Posted: October 5th, 2010, 9:53 am
No it's my own design. It will feature facilities of an entire city, an airport, greenhouses for food production, artificial forrests for entertainment and much more, housing at max 3 million people. A complete nation at sea.

The Freedom ship would be about 8 times smaller than this one.

[Profile]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Pushing shipbucket to the limits.Posted: October 5th, 2010, 1:43 pm
Vossiej wrote:
No it's my own design. It will feature facilities of an entire city, an airport, greenhouses for food production, artificial forrests for entertainment and much more, housing at max 3 million people. A complete nation at sea.

The Freedom ship would be about 8 times smaller than this one.
inspired by clive cussler? I have just read a book by him some weeks ago, it featured an ship that has similar specs to yours...... in dutch it was called 'atlantis herontdekt' or something

[Profile]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: Pushing shipbucket to the limits.Posted: October 5th, 2010, 2:31 pm
No that isn't the reason either. Last night I was bored so I was thinking, how big of a ship could I possibly design whilst keeping a certain level of realism? At first it was to become a military ship, but I figured that a ship this large was not needed for any kind of mission, so I turned to the civil side of naval enginering. I was inspired by the ships used in the film 2012 on which the surviving world population had to live their lives. In the future living space will become less and less, especially in the Netherlands. So why not build a ship that can be a 'part' of a country that sails the open oceans.

Some features the ship will have:
- 620.000 appartments (for 2,3,4 or 5 person-families, for sale/to rent)
- 25.000 luxery appartments (for 2 or 3 person-families, for sale/to rent)
- 9 International hotels (24.000 rooms)
- 228 offices (employing over 300.000 people)
- 240 conference rooms
- 462 restaurants
- 26 cinema's
- 49 supermarkets
- 6 super-size malls (over 1400 stores)
- 12 theater's
- 28 museums
- 12 swimming pools
- 8 footballfields
- 20 gyms

Four nuclear plants each containing 4 reactors produce over 5.000 Gigawatts on a daily basis.
Foodproduction shipwide is at 60.000 tons on a weekly basis.

I think this will oversize any previous designs of super ships.

[Profile]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Pushing shipbucket to the limits.Posted: October 5th, 2010, 3:01 pm
That ship draws a good 125 feet. Good luck finding anywhere to dock it for either building, refits, or refueling.

[Profile]
Mitchell van Os
Post subject: Re: Pushing shipbucket to the limits.Posted: October 5th, 2010, 3:06 pm
Wich drug did you use?
May i have some?

Embarked on: HNLMS Karel Doorman A833
To do list:
-Zeven Provincien class cruiser
-Joint support ship all sides
-F124 Sachsen class frigate
-F125 Baden-Württemberg class frigate
-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

[Profile]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: Pushing shipbucket to the limits.Posted: October 5th, 2010, 3:30 pm
*Dubbel post, sorry*

Last edited by Vossiej on October 5th, 2010, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: Pushing shipbucket to the limits.Posted: October 5th, 2010, 3:32 pm
TimothyC wrote:
That ship draws a good 125 feet. Good luck finding anywhere to dock it for either building, refits, or refueling.
It's being built out on the North Sea. Engeneers from over 32 countries all over the world are working on the ship and is expected to be finished in 20 years. Nearly all segments are pre-fab. It's is nuclear powered, and eventually self-sufficient in food, water and electricity production. All other supplies are either hoisted in on board from large freighters, or flown in by commercial jets.

[Profile]
Demon Lord Razgriz
Post subject: Re: Pushing shipbucket to the limits.Posted: October 5th, 2010, 4:07 pm
Vossiej wrote:
TimothyC wrote:
It's being built out on the North Sea. Engeneers from over 32 countries all over the world are working on the ship and is expected to be finished in 20 years. Nearly all segments are pre-fab. It's is nuclear powered, and eventually self-sufficient in food, water and electricity production. All other supplies are either hoisted in on board from large freighters, or flown in by commercial jets.

Isn't the North Sea one of the most stormiest seas in the world? How would you be able to keep things from breaking apart?

Atlas V
Delta II/III
Project Constellation
Soyuz series

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 1 of 6  [ 59 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: