Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ] 
Maple-leaf-Warrior
Post subject: Canadian Restigouche DDE Wartime UpgradePosted: October 17th, 2011, 10:58 pm
Hello, this is my second modification of a ship. I took HMCS Gatineau drawn by Novice and, taking several upgrades done to Terra Nova for the Gulf War, created a plausable (at least to me) possible wartime upgrade that Canada could have preformed to give her smaller DDE's a better striking capability, particulary against Air and Surface threats. So, again as i have very little knowlege of what radars are needed to guid certain missiles, where i could mount the 40mm guns that are floating and if this placement of weapons is even possible, i would like a more experienced member to tear this apart so i can built it better. ;)

Much thanks,

Russ

[ img ]

And guardian angels sang this strain:

"Rule, Britannia! rule the waves:
"Britons never will be slaves."

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Canadian Restigouche DDE Wartime UpgradePosted: October 18th, 2011, 7:06 am
Here is a picture of HMCS Terra Nova fitted for the GUlf War. As shown she lost her ASROC launcher and had Harpoon installed, her Limbo was removed and the Phalanx installed in that space.

[ img ]

[ img ]

Considerig the weight issues involved, I don't believe it possible to have both Harpoon and ASROC, and having the old unsatisfactory 'Boffin' 40mm mounts is totaly out of the question.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs”

Jump to: