Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 5  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »
Herr_Weisredau
Post subject: Kaiser Wilhelm II Class BBPosted: September 10th, 2011, 3:06 am
The story: The Germans won WWI and this is a 1940's design for the Kaiser Wilhelm II Class BB. She is incomplete and I am asking for any advice, pointers, or any other help with bringing this design to life. http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4016/bbnew.png

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Kaiser Wilhelm II Class BBPosted: September 10th, 2011, 3:12 am
It looks like a Bismarckish hull (so you are going in the right direction), whats the armament?

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Herr_Weisredau
Post subject: Re: Kaiser Wilhelm II Class BBPosted: September 10th, 2011, 3:20 am
18" guns in twin turrets. I havn't decided on a secondary armament though.

[Profile] [Quote]
Herr_Weisredau
Post subject: Re: Kaiser Wilhelm II Class BBPosted: September 10th, 2011, 3:22 am
This is also a design that I plan to make all on my own, i.e. not using other people's parts.

[Profile] [Quote]
Carthaginian
Post subject: Re: Kaiser Wilhelm II Class BBPosted: September 10th, 2011, 3:29 am
Hmmm... I think I would by-pass the Bismark's poor secondary/tertiary gun layout.
If the Germans had won WWI, they would have been keeping pace with the latest trends in battleship design- including dual-purpose gun mounts. Not sure which caliber they would have chosen for their DP mountings,though... they didn't really have a caliber suitable for that besides 127mm.

[Profile] [Quote]
Herr_Weisredau
Post subject: Re: Kaiser Wilhelm II Class BBPosted: September 10th, 2011, 3:31 am
I could make a custom 127mm that was german style.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Kaiser Wilhelm II Class BBPosted: September 10th, 2011, 5:22 am
I would recommend moving the fore turrets fore by a few meters so the superstructure is not cramped, you have a lot of space on the foredeck

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Kaiser Wilhelm II Class BBPosted: September 10th, 2011, 7:25 am
Perhaps use these turrets as base. Not my crapy old ones from 2009: http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s340 ... irpitz.png

[Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Kaiser Wilhelm II Class BBPosted: September 10th, 2011, 7:43 am
Can't wait to see her finished...looks like a good start thus far!

-Matt

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Herr_Weisredau
Post subject: Re: Kaiser Wilhelm II Class BBPosted: September 10th, 2011, 8:06 am
I put in her details on springsharp. Turns out she needs some minor revision in the hull to make her seaworthy

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 5  [ 47 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: