Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 4  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 »
klagldsf
Post subject: International Frigate design (for Wesworld)Posted: August 20th, 2010, 6:47 am
This is actually my first ever AU design that isn't just a copy-pasta job of something else (in some form or another). Basically, it's meant to be a flotilla leader along the same lines of a Capitani Romani or Canadian Tribal class (and is directly inspired by them, and meant to challenge them). And as the name implies, it's meant for export along the lines of the modern MEKO line - along with a high degree of customization, which is why the first version is without weapons or sensors as well as hence all the different armament variations:

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: International Frigate design (for Wesworld)Posted: August 20th, 2010, 5:08 pm
Looks good. Whats the time period?

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: International Frigate design (for Wesworld)Posted: August 20th, 2010, 5:23 pm
1940, with hopeful commissioning dates in 1942 if people order now. Keep in mind this is Wesworld where technology is advanced a few years.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: International Frigate design (for Wesworld)Posted: August 20th, 2010, 6:01 pm
Beautifull!

[Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: International Frigate design (for Wesworld)Posted: August 20th, 2010, 6:08 pm
Oh, ok.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: International Frigate design (for Wesworld)Posted: August 20th, 2010, 6:35 pm
Really impressive; though I'm not au fait with Westworld, so can't offer an informed comparison, it does look like a sensibly conceived hull, and a (not too ambitious) weapons load.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: International Frigate design (for Wesworld)Posted: August 20th, 2010, 11:01 pm
French variation is missing, as is Russian or Japanese version.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: International Frigate design (for Wesworld)Posted: August 21st, 2010, 3:17 am
Novice wrote:
French variation is missing, as is Russian or Japanese version.
Go be France, Russia or Japan in Wesworld and order one then :p

Also, here are some more variations with some copy-pasta text from Wesworld:

[ img ]

And here's another one that maximizes anti-submarine warfare capabilities, complete with hedgehogs and a sonar:

[ img ]

And a final one that maximizes small-caliber gun batteries:

[ img ]

Also, a minelayer, which requires some rearrangement. BTW, if you wish, you can get this configuration without the minelaying equipment:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: International Frigate design (for Wesworld)Posted: August 21st, 2010, 11:47 am
klagldsf, will you allow me to use your initial hull to design my own 1950's destroyer?

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: International Frigate design (for Wesworld)Posted: August 21st, 2010, 1:58 pm
*shrugs* eh sure why not?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 4  [ 33 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: