Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 73 of 137  [ 1362 posts ]  Go to page « 171 72 73 74 75137 »
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: May 21st, 2012, 2:36 am
Y'all realize that at some point I am going to stop frelling changing these DD's, right? :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: May 21st, 2012, 3:27 am
ok, change 1, which looks like crap and definately not an improvement by any stretch of the imagination.
[ img ]

-or-

Change 2. The "Lets see what you can come up with as an alternative because I'm frelling lost" option. :?
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: May 21st, 2012, 3:53 am
just tried this one... change 3
[ img ]

Now, just to try and get a head start ... it seems everytime I've made recommended changes, another set of new changes comes along. Add this, remove that, move the other thing aft, and use a different radar set while your at it.

Please, if you have ideas, great, thats what we're here for, but how about putting them all down at once in stead of piecemeal? Thats what becomes frustrating for me, I make changes, move things around, get what I believe is a good design, and along comes a whole new set of changes. Maybe I'm just tired. *shrug*

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: May 21st, 2012, 5:01 am
Many suggested changes are reactionary. For instance: SPS-48's reliability will now badly suffer, being directly in a plume of hot exhaust gases.

If you think that any sort of engineering has an obvious and direct path to the 100% Super A+ Number One final answer, then I'm all ears because you'd sure save me a lot of time at work.

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: May 21st, 2012, 5:25 am
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: May 22nd, 2012, 4:26 am
I thought I might take a bit of a break from the DD's which seem to be giving me fits and I have hit a complete roadblock on, try to clear my head a bit and see if maybe I can finish them up. So, thought I might try a Coast Guard vessel, see if maybe I could just relax a bit and get rid of the frelling block.

Anyhow, the latest class in Corvettes, they are used for enforcement of maritime law within the territorial waters of the Kingdom, coastal patrol, Customs inspections and SAR service.
[ img ]

Both MihoshiK and Timothy C are listed on there as well because I "borrowed" the mast from the Berthoff and I wasn't certain which had drawn it. Once that little bit is clarified, I can redo the credits line properly.

Last edited by Zephyr on May 22nd, 2012, 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: May 22nd, 2012, 5:22 am
That works.
Miho drew the mast. I drew the underwater hull, re-sculpted the bow, and did some pixel shifts on the superstructure, so no need to credit me. :)

I would make two changes:
  1. I would put the SLQ-32 on the deck where the mast comes up from.
  2. I would get rid of that god-awful screw. Something off either of the Legends, the Anzacs, or anything.

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: May 22nd, 2012, 5:41 am
Issues addressed and new image edited in. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: May 23rd, 2012, 8:46 am
Navalized variant of the Blakely class. The navalized variant is used primary by Dominion navies and as an export. The Royal Navy currently has no plans to acquire any.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: May 23rd, 2012, 8:54 am
Zephyr wrote:
Please, if you have ideas, great, thats what we're here for, but how about putting them all down at once in stead of piecemeal? Thats what becomes frustrating for me, I make changes, move things around, get what I believe is a good design, and along comes a whole new set of changes. Maybe I'm just tired. *shrug*
I follow Erik on this one. on my shipbuilding ed, we work in spirals with the project. you start on the outside, make estimates, and go to the next step. you keep doing that until you are back on the first step, but now closer to the center, and revise your original assumptions. then you do this again for every step. and in the end, you see your ship is too heavy or not stable, and you have to go 3 circles back! everything follows on the previous, even the things you do first. and those are simple merchants most of the times, don't even think anything can be simple on an naval vessel :P

that is the main reason no vessel is ever the same. every problem has about 3 or more solutions, but every solution has it's own problem.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 73 of 137  [ 1362 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 171 72 73 74 75137 »

Jump to: