Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 8 of 9  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9 »
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: January 12th, 2012, 10:00 pm
Yes, this is a lot better, though the fore 40mm gun tub is almost insanely high. If Haram didn't use such large calibers for their medium guns you could fit another turret in that space.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: January 12th, 2012, 10:33 pm
klagldsf wrote:
Yes, this is a lot better, though the fore 40mm gun tub is almost insanely high. If Haram didn't use such large calibers for their medium guns you could fit another turret in that space.
i had a 150mm twin there.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: January 15th, 2012, 7:49 pm
Have i forgot something?

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: January 15th, 2012, 7:53 pm
heuhen wrote:
Have i forgot something?
The giant toaster?
Nah, just kidding, it's a great looking design :)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: January 15th, 2012, 7:54 pm
WhyMe wrote:
The giant toaster?
Hahaha :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: January 15th, 2012, 8:26 pm
Well, judging by the 3" guns and their directors this ship is from the late forties at the earliest, so It'll need search radars.
To me it doesn't make much sense to carry both twin 3"/50RFs and quad 40mm since one was designed as a replacement for the other.
The single 20mm gun doesn't make much sense either, especially not in its current position.
And lastly, by this time floatplanes had largely been replaced by radars. It's by no means impossible to carry one, it's just unusual.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: January 15th, 2012, 8:34 pm
Quote:
Well, judging by the 3" guns and their directors this ship is from the late forties at the earliest, so It'll need search radars.
fixing that.
Quote:
To me it doesn't make much sense to carry both twin 3"/50RFs and quad 40mm since one was designed as a replacement for the other.
fixing that.
Quote:
The single 20mm gun doesn't make much sense either, especially not in its current position.
I have told that 20 mm that he has no right to stand there, thousands of times, but does he listen to me ...
Quote:
And lastly, by this time floatplanes had largely been replaced by radars. It's by no means impossible to carry one, it's just unusual.
I take it as it looks sexy and unusual. and it is nice to have.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: January 15th, 2012, 8:36 pm
oh what type of search radars will work for me?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: January 15th, 2012, 8:40 pm
And just for fun:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: January 15th, 2012, 9:17 pm
Well it does look like a proper battlecruiser of the era. The carrier conversion wouldn't be out of place in the 30s either.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 8 of 9  [ 83 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9 »

Jump to: