Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 9  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 79 »
Raxar
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: December 23rd, 2011, 6:30 pm
:shock: Wow! I was not expecting that. Absoballyflipinlutely marvelous!

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: December 23rd, 2011, 6:33 pm
Hmmm...although I like the rather imaginative choice of color scheme on the Queen Anne, I'm not at all convinced about the feasibility of the turret layout. You do realize the the two wing turrets, 'B' and 'Q' will not have any ability to fire across the brand, one principal reason to actually use the en echelon layout. As it is now, you're basically wasting valuable displacement for two turrets whose potential can not be used to their full effect. Also, the use of military masts on what is a dreadnought, I'd instantly veto! There's another waste of precious weight! Even the French had already begun to depart from those in their last pre-dreadnought designs.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: December 23rd, 2011, 7:21 pm
soooo more like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... eships.jpg

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: December 23rd, 2011, 10:08 pm
Well, Dao Paulo and her sister were more of a cheap compromise, rather than outstanding designs. You have 10 guns in twin turrets, right? What I'm arguing is: why not take full advantage of that fact, if you can? And your designs seem to imply that the Kingdom of Haram is wealthy enough to do that! Rather look at the US designed Argentinian BBs of the same period!

[Profile] [Quote]
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: December 26th, 2011, 9:07 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Well, Dao Paulo and her sister were more of a cheap compromise, rather than outstanding designs. You have 10 guns in twin turrets, right? What I'm arguing is: why not take full advantage of that fact, if you can? And your designs seem to imply that the Kingdom of Haram is wealthy enough to do that! Rather look at the US designed Argentinian BBs of the same period!
It's São Paulo

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: December 26th, 2011, 10:55 pm
Duh...i know that, but my friggin windows phone doesn't know! Unfortunately bloopers like that will slip thru unwittingly - I'll always blame my phone... 8-) ;) - any, its not a comment that had to do with the design issues...

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: December 27th, 2011, 1:41 pm
hm! the Q1 design is the oldest in the Q-series
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: December 27th, 2011, 1:43 pm
Q series? Do you also have an M series and a 007 series?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: December 27th, 2011, 1:48 pm
Zephyr wrote:
Q series? Do you also have an M series and a 007 series?
hehehe! Perhaps yes.... :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: December 27th, 2011, 2:32 pm
I preferred the first version.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 9  [ 83 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 79 »

Jump to: