Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 16  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 616 »
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 11th, 2014, 8:06 pm
Colombamike wrote:
Sad, worrying, upseting & disastrous
Sad to see some time lost in drawn personnal drawing (useless, with TOO many design errors/mistakes) when so many "real" or "never-were" designs are not drawn on Shipbucket

You have the (drawing) ability
But You can Not be Serious :(
People are allowed to draw whatever they want. Those who do not draw anything have no say in the matter whatsoever. Please do not make these kinds of comments...

[Profile] [Quote]
WWII44
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 12th, 2014, 5:09 am
any chance you could give a tutorial on drawing top-down views David?

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 12th, 2014, 8:21 pm
So here now are both the Bow and Stern views of the USS New Hampshire (BB-55):

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 12th, 2014, 8:37 pm
I just love seeing other people doing these different perspective views. It's so bloody tedious to get right, but it looks so great when you do. :D

WWII44: Start making them. ;) It's not really hard to do top-views, only tedious.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 12th, 2014, 8:52 pm
KHT wrote:
I just love seeing other people doing these different perspective views. It's so bloody tedious to get right, but it looks so great when you do. :D

WWII44: Start making them. ;) It's not really hard to do top-views, only tedious.
Exactly, just a bit of knowledge about orthographic projections helps a lot. What is in one view dictates how it will look in the others.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 12th, 2014, 9:39 pm
These are fantastic.

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 12th, 2014, 10:40 pm
I only just caught this, and this is an amazingly beautiful ship. It's hard to call most battleships graceful, but this manages quite easily.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 12th, 2014, 11:31 pm
WWII44 wrote:
well seeing as the Germans widened the Kiel Canal to facilitate the movement of dreadnoughts I don't see what is stopping the US from widening the Panama Canal for the same reason.
It is exceptionally unlikely that anyone in the US is going to fund wider locks in the Panama canal in the 1920s. While the projected new locks in the 1940s would have allowed larger battleships, the new ships were not the only trigger for such an expansion.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 12th, 2014, 11:43 pm
TimothyC wrote:
WWII44 wrote:
well seeing as the Germans widened the Kiel Canal to facilitate the movement of dreadnoughts I don't see what is stopping the US from widening the Panama Canal for the same reason.
It is exceptionally unlikely that anyone in the US is going to fund wider locks in the Panama canal in the 1920s. While the projected new locks in the 1940s would have allowed larger battleships, the new ships were not the only trigger for such an expansion.
I agree but this ship’s mission in part was to counter the Japanese no. 13 ship and her sisters. Sailing around the cape once was just a bit inconvenient that’s all. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 13th, 2014, 12:47 am
MihoshiK wrote:
I only just caught this, and this is an amazingly beautiful ship. It's hard to call most battleships graceful, but this manages quite easily.
Thank you,

This is quite the praise especially coming from you.

Thanks again. I think she's a very pretty lady too. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 16  [ 160 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 616 »

Jump to: