Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 5  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Philbob
Post subject: Re: Canada, Tribal Class, LCF derivative.Posted: June 13th, 2014, 4:18 am
I love it but apparently they didnt get serious about the sea king replacement :P

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman
Post subject: Re: Canada, Tribal Class, LCF derivative.Posted: June 14th, 2014, 1:39 pm
Be nice to see more LCF's
Be interesting to see some other nationalities variations on LCF

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Canada, Tribal Class, LCF derivative.Posted: June 15th, 2014, 7:44 pm
Philbob wrote:
I love it but apparently they didnt get serious about the sea king replacement :P
You say that, but it's not a joke. Sikorsky still hasn't delivered the first new chopper if I'm correct.

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Canada, Tribal Class, LCF derivative.Posted: June 16th, 2014, 3:56 pm
So, some changes. I'm entertaining name suggestions for the second LCF derivative, which has a hangar for two helos, and only 48 + 8 VLS. It's a more ASW focussed version:

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: Canada, Tribal Class, LCF derivative.Posted: June 17th, 2014, 6:08 am
Certainly looks a lot more versatile now. I've always wondered why the Original LCF's were designed to carry only one helicopter. Two helicopters does not only add enchanted ASW, but also ASuW capabilities.

My only question is about the ESSM launching position. With the real LCF's this area is a much lower placed deck with high ''walls'', placing the center of weight of the Mk141 a lot lower on the ship. Is this the same with the ESSM? Otherwise she I'd think she would tend to be top-heavy... also maybe place some scuppers to drain rain water? :)

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman
Post subject: Re: Canada, Tribal Class, LCF derivative.Posted: June 17th, 2014, 12:49 pm
would love to see the LCF design become a NATO and Commonwealth standard ship

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Canada, Tribal Class, LCF derivative.Posted: June 17th, 2014, 6:05 pm
Vossiej wrote:
Certainly looks a lot more versatile now. I've always wondered why the Original LCF's were designed to carry only one helicopter. Two helicopters does not only add enchanted ASW, but also ASuW capabilities.
Mostly because it's an airdefense ship, I think. All large European Air Defense "frigates" carry only one helo.
Quote:
My only question is about the ESSM launching position. With the real LCF's this area is a much lower placed deck with high ''walls'', placing the center of weight of the Mk141 a lot lower on the ship. Is this the same with the ESSM? Otherwise she I'd think she would tend to be top-heavy... also maybe place some scuppers to drain rain water? :)
Well, those ESSM tubes replace the Harpoon missiles, which were located in the top half of that location. Maybe 16 tubes is too much, but as far as weight goes I figure at least one MK41 8 cell system should be viable in that location.

Instead of Harpoon, this ship has LRASM, launched from the forward VLS.

Last edited by MihoshiK on June 17th, 2014, 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Canada, Tribal Class, LCF derivative.Posted: June 17th, 2014, 6:31 pm
Even if you could ship an 8 cell block that is 32x ESSM theoretically, which is nothing to be sniffed at. Look at the T23s or even T45/Horizon, they only have 32 Sea Wolf and 48 total cells for ASTER in the latter case...

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Canada, Tribal Class, LCF derivative.Posted: June 17th, 2014, 6:40 pm
Blackbuck wrote:
Even if you could ship an 8 cell block that is 32x ESSM theoretically, which is nothing to be sniffed at. Look at the T23s or even T45/Horizon, they only have 32 Sea Wolf and 48 total cells for ASTER in the latter case...
Well, with CAMM (also quadpacked) on the horizon and with room left for a few more cells, the T45 could get quite a loadout too.

But yeah, these LCF have been lengthened so that there is room for a 64 cell vls up front (although the ASW version only has a 48 cell system with room for an upgrade). Add the 8 cell ESSM system, and you're looking at 72 cells... and at least 96 missiles. That's a lot of dakka.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Canada, Tribal Class, LCF derivative.Posted: June 17th, 2014, 9:35 pm
Great looking ship with a lot of fire power, sounds good to me. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 5  [ 41 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: