Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 18 of 19  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page « 115 16 17 18 19 »
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Some Desigs for my AUPosted: November 22nd, 2014, 10:16 am
More like Vosper Thornycroft / BAE...

[Profile] [Quote]
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: Some Desigs for my AUPosted: November 22nd, 2014, 10:23 am
The basis was the Bung Tomo Class that became the Ragam Class built for the navy of Brunei but later commissioned by Indonesia, they were a derivative of the F2000 design and built by Bae Systems Marine.

My version would be built by Bae System New Cromer, Originally New Cromer Deffences Systems bought out by Bea in the late 1990's....

Customers can choose the systems fit, weapons, normal or low observable hull and there preferred manufacturer of marine Deisel power unit. Many more options can be altered including with or without Helo facilities and setups for other tasks. The ships will be of a very modular construction allowing simple adaptations for different builds....

[Profile] [Quote]
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: Some Desigs for my AUPosted: April 27th, 2015, 1:22 pm
Although not Shipbucket stuff it is still to do with my AU so I thought I’d post here if anyone want to use anything for their own AU I have credited all/most contributing artist so if you need to ask them you know who they are…..

Bae Systems New Cromer.

Bae Rocket system.
[ img ]

Developed by Bea Systems New Cromer this is a modern Air to Ground rocket system designed for carriage on fast jets and Helicopters. It consists of a box launcher measuring 2.1meters x 0.6meters x 0.6 meters without the front and rear aerodynamic fairings and 3.3meters with front and rear fairings. The rear fairing is designed to stay attacked to the unit having vent for rocket exhaust however the front faring is ejected before firing. The fairing are only used when on fast jets and the box launcher only is used for helicopters. The box nature is designed to complement the low observability of its carrying aircraft.
The pod comes in two versions the standard 9 round 5in and a high capacity 36 round 2.5in rocket. The rockets are Unguided and Guided (5in Smart Round) and measure 2.15meters by either 5in or 2.5in. The rockets can be equipped with explosive or armour piercing heads and in the case of the 5in smart round have laser guidance from the parent aircraft or third party source.
Entering service with New Cromer in 2006 it replaced the venerable French made Matra Rocket pack and is used on the Hawk, Harrier, Tucano and Tiger. It has also exported well having been sold to Australia, Germany, France, Spain, Japan, and Thailand to name a few….

[ img ]

Last edited by shippy2013 on April 28th, 2015, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Some Desigs for my AUPosted: April 27th, 2015, 2:27 pm
I like the idea of the new Zuni pod but I'm not sold on the shape of the launcher. It's slab sided which is about as un-LO as you can get. IMO a faceted hexagonal launcher might be a better bet in a 2/3/2 sort of style.

[Profile] [Quote]
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: Some Desigs for my AUPosted: April 27th, 2015, 3:32 pm
[ img ]

how's this i've made the 9 round 5in launcher a 10 and the 36 round 2.5in would be 40 rounds.....

more faceted appearance....

Another note, the pod is able to detect what type of round is loaded into each tube allowing mixed load outs in each pod to expand the operational adaptability of the aircraft the pilot able to select what round to fire be it for a soft target or hard or require point and shoot or a smart munition.

Last edited by shippy2013 on April 28th, 2015, 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Some Desigs for my AUPosted: April 27th, 2015, 4:18 pm
Excellent. That appears much better now to my eye.

[Profile] [Quote]
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: Some Desigs for my AUPosted: January 22nd, 2016, 9:56 pm
a large British inspired cruiser circa 1977-85, got a bit board at work so had a wee tinker with and old project id been messing with a while back.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Some Desigs for my AUPosted: January 22nd, 2016, 10:05 pm
A nice drawing,but I think that more than two ships like these is over optimistic for the RN in that time period.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Some Desigs for my AUPosted: January 22nd, 2016, 10:09 pm
I like that cruiser. I assumed she has Olympus power (or Spey).

[Profile] [Quote]
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: Some Desigs for my AUPosted: January 22nd, 2016, 10:09 pm
its something I was planning on writing into a future AU, after WW2 the empire didn't recede and Britain retained a massive navy on par with the rising USN and USSR....

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 18 of 19  [ 186 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 115 16 17 18 19 »

Jump to: