Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 17 of 18  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page « 114 15 16 17 18 »
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: Altrenate Carrier for the 80's RNPosted: October 19th, 2013, 6:44 pm
The final image(s) of my version of the Type 43.

[ img ]

[ img ]

Missiles shown are Sea Dart 2 and a new ASM missile SRB powered Anti ship missile but designed around the size and shape of the Sea Dart to allow it to use the GWS 30 launcher.

Limited ASM and ASW will be carried out by Lynx Helecopter carrying Sea Skua missiles and Stingray Torpedo's

Short range defence comprises 36 cell Sea Wolf VLS and Phalanx CIWS.

a 4.5in Mod 0 gun is provided to.

Last edited by shippy2013 on October 22nd, 2013, 6:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Altrenate Carrier for the 80's RNPosted: October 19th, 2013, 8:00 pm
Impressive drawings. :D
(Though I'm with those that have reservations about having helicopters there - both because I guess it would be more efficient if other capabilities were put forward, and because such central location of helipad is IMHO an accident waiting to happen, even despite the fact that real-life projects of '43' had it the same way)

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Altrenate Carrier for the 80's RNPosted: October 19th, 2013, 8:06 pm
Nice design.
One note it that Sea Skua, was not a ASW torpedo, but an air launched anti-ship missile, specially designed for the Lynx helicopter
Wikipedia page here
The current light-weight torpedo, used by the RN, is the Sting Ray Again, the wikipedia page

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: Altrenate Carrier for the 80's RNPosted: October 19th, 2013, 8:16 pm
Sting ray that's the one........! Mk30 version can be launched from a lynx.

Thought Sea Skua didn't sound right....

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Altrenate Carrier for the 80's RNPosted: October 20th, 2013, 9:37 am
you still have the right side of the gun shown at the left side :P

[Profile] [Quote]
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: Altrenate Carrier for the 80's RNPosted: October 20th, 2013, 10:05 am
gun sorted, although i would have paid anyone who could have spotted the difference, two yellow pixels and a grey square :lol:

was just being lazy when i reversed the original image.... :P

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Altrenate Carrier for the 80's RNPosted: October 20th, 2013, 10:36 am
I spotted it:P
and those are the safety markings and the access panel on the real gun, if you did not have those on, the gun would not be as the real one :P nothing wrong with being lazy, but I myself always want to get things right :P

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Altrenate Carrier for the 80's RNPosted: October 21st, 2013, 6:37 am
Very nice,but:
-There is in the Planebucket correct Sea Skua
-The best solution for a all British SSM is the ship-Eagle,why go to Harpoons?
-Then,look also some other real CIWS which were designed in the 1980's except Goalkeeper and Phalanx.

[Profile] [Quote]
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: Altrenate Carrier for the 80's RNPosted: October 21st, 2013, 7:09 am
odysseus1980 wrote:
-There is in the Planebucket correct Sea Skua
Will have a look.

My next task before I look at my general purpose frigate will be to do the Shires following a refit in say 2005 etc. would the two Sea Dart systems be able to be replaced with the Mk41 or Sylver (possibly the Sylver 70 as this allows the scalp Naval or a navalised Storm Shadow). Sea Wolf could be Replaced by CAM in quad packs removing the Sea Wolf VLS for another Mk41 or Sylver 30. Sea Skua on the Lynx would give way to Brimstone. I suspect a radar overhaul, the 909 and 910 being redundant would go, the Sampson and Marconi S-1850M would replace the ageing 1022 and 967/968. Or maybe an Artisan 3D.

EDIT: If somebody could piont me in the direction of this better sea skua would be much appreciated or even a parts sheet of British/NATO air launched weapons in shipbucket scale.... Thanks

[Profile] [Quote]
Voyager989
Post subject: Re: Altrenate Carrier for the 80's RNPosted: October 25th, 2013, 2:42 am
Merble. Please move the Type 910 atop the bridge. It has a massive amount of under-deck equipment associated that is currently in your bridge, weighs a terrifying amount (20+ tons, IIRC), and is blocking the 909 behind it from working on anything but a beam arc. Especially awkward, given the 909 also serves as the gun fire control system.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 17 of 18  [ 173 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 114 15 16 17 18 »

Jump to: