Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 14 of 16  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page « 112 13 14 15 16 »
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 27th, 2014, 6:08 pm
Colosseum wrote:
I like it a lot!
Thanks Ian, That says quite a great deal :D

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 27th, 2014, 7:20 pm
Hi David, it does look wonderful, but I think I'm missing something - can you advise where the directors for the aft 20mm are?

Ad

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 27th, 2014, 7:23 pm
Well done David that looks great. That is one mean looking motherf*&^er.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 27th, 2014, 8:52 pm
great work.

I'm just siting here and looking over the fence... in my man beard.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 27th, 2014, 8:55 pm
And very nice too David. One minor nit. You have carley floats on the turrets but not on the plan view ?

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 27th, 2014, 9:32 pm
I had gotten around to them yet :D Thanks for the reminder ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 27th, 2014, 11:36 pm
apdsmith wrote:
Hi David, it does look wonderful, but I think I'm missing something - can you advise where the directors for the aft 20mm are?

Ad
Look for the red circles by the 20mms.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eltf177
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 28th, 2014, 4:37 pm
I like this rebuild, enough AA to make any kamikaze pilot think twice about starting anything!

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 28th, 2014, 5:24 pm
Seems pretty reasonable to me. I have concerns about blast damage on all of the light AA, but maybe that's just the price you pay sometimes.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 28th, 2014, 6:39 pm
erik_t wrote:
Seems pretty reasonable to me. I have concerns about blast damage on all of the light AA, but maybe that's just the price you pay sometimes.
That exactly why I raised the 5"/38s above the deck. I looked at the Iowa class and saw what they did to avoid blast damage. Low and behold their 5"/38s were on pedestals one deck above the light AA. In an anti-aircraft role with the muzzels ponting skyward this might have made allof the difference, on a ship to ship/shore bombardment who knows but the poor sods manning the 20mms. :o

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 14 of 16  [ 160 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 112 13 14 15 16 »

Jump to: