Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 13 of 16  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page « 111 12 13 14 15 16 »
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 26th, 2014, 8:18 pm
Colosseum wrote:
Please put the elevation and plan views on the same template... it's such a mess trying to look between the outboard profile and plan views on these drawings since they're split up...
Here is the USS New Hampshire (BB-55) as she appeared after her 1944 Refit.

[ img ]

The 6"47s are gone her secondary is made up of 12-Dual Purpose/Dual Mount 5"/38s--6 per side raised above there respective decks to reduce the effects of gun blast.

The 1.1" Quads are replaced by Bofors 40mm Quads.

Several batterys of Oerlikon 20mm are scattered around both levels of her main deck. Dual models grace her superstructures.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 26th, 2014, 8:38 pm
I would expect vast swaths of 40mm by 1944. Four quads is an awfully paltry battery.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 26th, 2014, 8:45 pm
That aft catapult doesn't look like it can train with those gun tubs in the way. You've also forgotten to delete the turret-mounted catapult on the latest top-view. And with that one gone, there's little sence in keeping those cranes mountes just aft of the mid-break.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 26th, 2014, 9:12 pm
Erik, I'm working on it as I write/type.

KHT, Wow thanks I forgot to nix the turret cat. I see what You mean about the after cat. It will have to move forward.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 26th, 2014, 11:14 pm
Very nice work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 27th, 2014, 12:25 am
The 5" battery looks ok, KHT has covered the catapults - you don't need to lose the cranes because you still haven't got any ships boats - which should probably be mounted in between the aft superstructure and X turret, and erik_t has covered the 40mm's, there should be a lot more by 1944.

I am really enjoying this thread, you are making a good job of a tough project.

Keep up the good work!

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 27th, 2014, 12:54 am
Thanks, I'm addressing all of the issues.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 27th, 2014, 5:27 am
Definitely, this has been really interesting and entertaining. As I've said previously, I wouldn't personally devote so much thought to this project if it weren't reciprocated by the author and reflected in the quality of the final designs and drawings!

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 27th, 2014, 8:54 am
There are a few things I'd like to tweak, but . . . what do you think? ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 27th, 2014, 3:00 pm
I like it a lot!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 13 of 16  [ 160 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 111 12 13 14 15 16 »

Jump to: