Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Fleshing out an Unmanned Warship conceptPosted: August 15th, 2012, 9:38 pm
Well you need to put in there a pretty advence cyber warfare suite and advanced ECM systems. And not too many weapons, only conventional. The worst thing that can happen is some fraking hacker taking command of your ship or on board systems go rouge.

[Profile] [Quote]
Razgriz BSG-27
Post subject: Re: Fleshing out an Unmanned Warship conceptPosted: August 15th, 2012, 10:38 pm
[ img ]

you can now clearly see the intakes, the hull is deeper, to accommodate the propulsion AND VLS , and I have added a Door

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Fleshing out an Unmanned Warship conceptPosted: August 15th, 2012, 10:43 pm
still won't fit......
I could start explaining what is wrong with it, but it is easier to just say: look at real ships. yes, they have crew, but space and size-wise it has to be the same. they need to have the same funnel and uptakes. they need the same engines. they need the same structural sizes, because people still have to be able to walk in her when in dock. and you have the same sensors

crew is not what makes ships big these days, keep that in mind.

[Profile] [Quote]
Razgriz BSG-27
Post subject: Re: Fleshing out an Unmanned Warship conceptPosted: August 15th, 2012, 11:05 pm
[ img ]

I still felt obligated to see, so I'll post it

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Fleshing out an Unmanned Warship conceptPosted: August 15th, 2012, 11:13 pm
It's all weapons and equipment, no access space. Ace is still right. You'd be better off automating an Independence.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Fleshing out an Unmanned Warship conceptPosted: August 15th, 2012, 11:15 pm
- too few space for engines
- not enough space for generator
- that RAM has no deck penetration, still you gave it some
- there is not enough computer space for the SPY-1, and you will need a lot more equipment.
- hwere is your mooring gear, cooling water, oil tanks, gun main magazine?
- your ship now floats like an brick. why? because it is. to fit the VLS in that few space, you have to make your ship brick-shaped.
- please take an look here: http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... f=5&t=3287 and the design tutorial here http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... =15&t=3313 why? because, right now, there is so much stuff crammed on your ship that it will no longer float, let alone the correct way up.

and all I said before still counts.

[Profile] [Quote]
Razgriz BSG-27
Post subject: Re: Fleshing out an Unmanned Warship conceptPosted: August 15th, 2012, 11:26 pm
Okay, seems I've made a fool of myself, matter not
I'm going to try converting something
Kind of

[Profile] [Quote]
Razgriz BSG-27
Post subject: Re: Fleshing out an Unmanned Warship conceptPosted: August 16th, 2012, 12:09 am
[ img ]

I know no radars, I actually have no idea where radars would be best placed

On the rhib things, think USV protector but different

[Profile] [Quote]
Lebroba
Post subject: Re: Fleshing out an Unmanned Warship conceptPosted: August 16th, 2012, 12:30 am
You would need a UYQ-100 type DSS and a ton of comm antenas for a buttload of bandwidth pipes. You need a super computer like a blue gene/L or something which would require a ton of power and cooling which could probably be accomplished by 2 additional SPY type cooling skids.

[Profile] [Quote]
Chuck ship art
Post subject: Re: Fleshing out an Unmanned Warship conceptPosted: August 16th, 2012, 12:42 am
if this larger version is unmaned why are there inflatable on it. I kinda like the smaller one. since there will have to be maintanince. it should be small enough to have a mother ship,

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 39 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: