Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 9  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 59 »
heuhen
Post subject: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: December 12th, 2011, 11:41 pm
one of the many battle cruisers in the navy Haram, Haram has built many battleships, battle cruisers, cruisers, etc. I plan to start with the Q series particular with the Q5 class.

The series consists of 10 versions:
Q1 is the oldest version of the first of this version was built in 1910 and had 6 * 11" guns and a couple of simple 3" and 5 "guns. It was built two vessels of this version. They were slow, and not comfortable.

Q2 was the upgraded version of the Q1, it had 4 * 11" guns that were later upgraded to 12" it was now also added 8" in addition to the existing 3" and 5" guns.

Q3 was a new class of 4 ships. which was fitted with 3 * 13" guns, 6 * 8" guns and some 5" guns and 2" guns.

Q4 was the same as Q3 only now disappeared 8 "they were replaced by 8 * 6", 5 "was replaced by 4.25" and while it had an improved AA battery, 13 "went down to 12". but the biggest difference between Q3 and Q4 was that Q4 class was equipped with 3 seaplane. it also had some higher speed than the others in the Q series because it had got some newer engines.

Q5 is 5 meters long with a new bow and stern. it has got an additional armor. It received also a much more powerful machines, which were more effective in terms of size and weight. This version has 4 * 13.2 "as part of bestykkningen, this gun type was regarded in his time as one of the most accurate and with a pretty good range. Q5 was also known to be among the fastest battle cruisers if not the fastest.

Q6 a whole new superstructure, improved version of the 13.2 "(larger number of wide, and faster turning speed) and Hangar for two seaplanes.

Q7 Improved version of the 13.2 "guns (faster charge time) it has now only 3 * 13.2" for a more extensive AA battery.

Q8 had a lot of changes, built with the main task of going after ship that is larger than it, like battleships. armament consisted among others of: 2 * triple 13.2 "and 2 * twin 11" guns. major magazine for the main battery, and more seaworthy.

Q9 Received 3 * 14 "guns.

Q10 got 2 * 15 "4 * 8" and 6 of the new 2.5 "AA guns.

Okay The Q5 "Fast" Battlecruiser
I know:
-Battlecruiser
-Four axles.
-maine battery (4 * 335mm (13,2") twin cannons)
-second battery (8 * 155mm (6") Twin DP)
-8 * 40mm twin
-lifeboats behind the funnel.
-speed between 27-34 knots
-drawing around 1940ish

Ehhh:
-the best place for 20 mm and 12.7 mm AA
-directors
-targetfinder
-electronics
-radaar?
-the speed?
- etc.

I intend here to try to make it look like a museum ship, where they have taken it back to around 40's.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Raven
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: December 13th, 2011, 5:56 pm
A bit short and broad for a battlecruiser, I think. Stretch the hull and maybe thin it out a little, Get the most out of your engines. Perhaps a 10:1 length to beam ratio.

By This Sign You Will Conquer

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: December 13th, 2011, 7:12 pm
10:1 would be outrageously, stupidly fine to the point of structural improbability. Even Alaska had less than a 9:1 fineness ratio, and I'm not aware of a battleship or battlecruiser even above 8.5.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: December 13th, 2011, 9:23 pm
an update:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: December 14th, 2011, 12:52 am
Finish. all info is coming in AU-Haram! so see there in a min or two

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: December 14th, 2011, 1:23 am
Ooh, very nice!

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: December 14th, 2011, 1:36 am
thanks!

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: December 14th, 2011, 9:32 am
Are those sandbags on the turret tops?

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: December 14th, 2011, 12:08 pm
One would say so, wouldn't they just fly everywhere upon firing of the main batteries?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: AU-Haram Battlecruiser helpPosted: December 14th, 2011, 2:32 pm
Blackbuck wrote:
One would say so, wouldn't they just fly everywhere upon firing of the main batteries?
not if they are fastened down.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 9  [ 83 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 59 »

Jump to: