Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
Hood
Post subject: Re: My little idea! A Fast support and commands ships.Posted: July 24th, 2011, 9:56 am
A nice looking and very interesting craft.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: My little idea! A Fast support and commands ships.Posted: July 24th, 2011, 10:11 am
Heuhen! This reminds me to some degree of a proposal I designed for the Swedish Navy at the beginning of the 1980s (though much better and infinitely more modern!) but which was rejected out of cost concerns. Can I use yours as a base to design a replacement ship for the OPV HMS Carlskrona?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: My little idea! A Fast support and commands ships.Posted: July 24th, 2011, 10:39 am
bezobrazov wrote:
Heuhen! This reminds me to some degree of a proposal I designed for the Swedish Navy at the beginning of the 1980s (though much better and infinitely more modern!) but which was rejected out of cost concerns. Can I use yours as a base to design a replacement ship for the OPV HMS Carlskrona?
yes you can!

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: My little idea! A Fast support and commands ships.Posted: July 24th, 2011, 2:48 pm
Since someone asked, so here my version of an X-bow Coast Guard ship.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: My little idea! A Fast support and commands ships.Posted: July 24th, 2011, 3:35 pm
11 points out of 10!!

[Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: My little idea! A Fast support and commands ships.Posted: July 24th, 2011, 3:39 pm
Thanks ALVAMA!

[Profile] [Quote]
KillerGuppi
Post subject: Re: My little idea! A Fast support and commands ships.Posted: July 24th, 2011, 4:33 pm
I really like this design HeuHen, i'll give you 10/10 points for the design.
As you probably know the sea Homeguard (Sjøheimevernet) just got the command and/or patrol vessels of the Reine class..
So since the sea homeguard are looking to extend it's naval capabilities, i was wondering if you could draw a version for them aswell (no pressure)? :)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: My little idea! A Fast support and commands ships.Posted: July 24th, 2011, 4:46 pm
KillerGuppi wrote:
I really like this design HeuHen, i'll give you 10/10 points for the design.
As you probably know the sea Homeguard (Sjøheimevernet) just got the command and/or patrol vessels of the Reine class..
So since the sea homeguard are looking to extend it's naval capabilities, i was wondering if you could draw a version for them aswell (no pressure)? :)
shall give it a try!

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: My little idea! A Fast support and commands ships.Posted: July 24th, 2011, 5:12 pm
That is a damn fine vessel even more so than the conventional bow version. Can't help but think though that aft 57mm isn't going to have a very good firing arc with a crane in the way... Perhaps swap round the positions of the larger and smaller cranes and move the 57mm back then both guns will have decent firing arcs.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: My little idea! A Fast support and commands ships.Posted: July 24th, 2011, 5:19 pm
Blackbuck wrote:
That is a damn fine vessel even more so than the conventional bow version. Can't help but think though that aft 57mm isn't going to have a very good firing arc with a crane in the way... Perhaps swap round the positions of the larger and smaller cranes and move the 57mm back then both guns will have decent firing arcs.
thanks. As you can see at the drawing, it's one of the many options (weapons) to choose from. I can actually make the big crane a little lower.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: