Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 4  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Sabre66
Post subject: Re: Littoral Combat CorvettePosted: July 13th, 2011, 1:52 am
Nice work

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Littoral Combat CorvettePosted: August 4th, 2011, 4:07 pm
I was just wondering if trimaran concept would work here too?

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Littoral Combat CorvettePosted: August 4th, 2011, 4:16 pm
Nice, but you're somewhat short on radars and directors.
Simple optical directors are not going to cut it for a corvette, especially not for your air defence missiles.
I'd give the area between the hull and the outriggers more clearance from the water in order to prevent slamming when sailing in heavy seas.
Lastly I'd move the Millennium gun aft to the edge of the hangar. This should give it a wider field of fire and make it possible to engage close in threats coming from dead astern.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Littoral Combat CorvettePosted: August 4th, 2011, 5:19 pm
Thiel wrote:
Nice, but you're somewhat short on radars and directors.
Simple optical directors are not going to cut it for a corvette, especially not for your air defence missiles.
I'd give the area between the hull and the outriggers more clearance from the water in order to prevent slamming when sailing in heavy seas.
Lastly I'd move the Millennium gun aft to the edge of the hangar. This should give it a wider field of fire and make it possible to engage close in threats coming from dead astern.
Thanks for comments. What directors would you suggest; supposing this to be comissioned 2015-2020?
I'm not totally sure what you mean for "the area between the hull and outtriggers" and how to correct that?
Original idea was to have flex-deck in the middle section with light materials (carbon-fibre-component etc.) in hangar. I even thought semi-fixed hangar to increase flex-deck area. That's why Millenium is placed that way; don't know would it work, though...

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Littoral Combat CorvettePosted: August 4th, 2011, 5:28 pm
sebu wrote:
Thanks for comments. What directors would you suggest; supposing this to be comissioned 2015-2020?
Not sure. Denmark has used the SAAB Ceros series of directors for ESSM and gun guidance, so I suppose it should be able to guide yours as well.
sebu wrote:
I'm not totally sure what you mean for "the area between the hull and outtriggers" and how to correct that?
[ img ]
sebu wrote:
Original idea was to have flex-deck in the middle section with light materials (carbon-fibre-component etc.) in hangar. I even thought semi-fixed hangar to increase flex-deck area. That's why Millenium is placed that way; don't know would it work, though...
I would avoid folding or telescoping hangars. They've been tried numerous times, but never really worked satisfactorily.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Littoral Combat CorvettePosted: August 4th, 2011, 6:40 pm
Something like this? New director added and waterline of outtriggers lowered (don't know what would be the best way to show it?)
I wasen't thinking folding or telescopic hangar. Only light material one, but newermind that. Hope this would explain a bit more about flex-deck section.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Littoral Combat CorvettePosted: August 4th, 2011, 6:54 pm
your flexdeck idea is an good one, but 2 of the 4 need no deck penetration IIRC. also, I don't get the shape of your structure: the hangar is as wide as the outher hulls, while the bridge is only as wide as the central hull...... while there are no corners in it, but still it can follow the shape of the 'bridge' towards the outriggers???
also, you have space for 2 (maybe even 3) helicopters with this hangar arrangement, maybe put some weapons at the side (if you want 1 helo) or centrally (if you want 2), for example that millenium gun.

for guidance: I would at least have the following: an air search radar, 1 director for the gun, and 1 for your stanflex load (in case you carry SAMs or another gun)

btw, keep in mind that all in this post is advice, do not take it as 'I have to change that!' ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Littoral Combat CorvettePosted: August 5th, 2011, 8:37 am
acelanceloet wrote:
your flexdeck idea is an good one, but 2 of the 4 need no deck penetration IIRC. also, I don't get the shape of your structure: the hangar is as wide as the outher hulls, while the bridge is only as wide as the central hull...... while there are no corners in it, but still it can follow the shape of the 'bridge' towards the outriggers???
also, you have space for 2 (maybe even 3) helicopters with this hangar arrangement, maybe put some weapons at the side (if you want 1 helo) or centrally (if you want 2), for example that millenium gun.

for guidance: I would at least have the following: an air search radar, 1 director for the gun, and 1 for your stanflex load (in case you carry SAMs or another gun)

btw, keep in mind that all in this post is advice, do not take it as 'I have to change that!' ;)
I agree, there's something weird. This was hastily patched up from monohull version. Overall, I'm begin to have doubts the concept in this size anyway; if it would work as monohull why to make it trimaran at all?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Littoral Combat CorvettePosted: August 5th, 2011, 8:44 am
an option might be to shorthen it, and put the flexible weapons in between the hangars instead of in front of them.
also, an question... where is you funnel?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Littoral Combat CorvettePosted: August 5th, 2011, 10:59 am
if he goes for the "exhaust" between the hull and the air intakes on top of the superstructure, it can work, but hey what do I know.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 4  [ 34 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: