Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: International Frigate design (for Wesworld)Posted: August 21st, 2010, 2:12 pm
Just to prevent certain misunderstandings ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: International Frigate design (for Wesworld)Posted: August 21st, 2010, 3:54 pm
I went ahead and made some changes (don't worry Vossiej the hull is unchanged ;) )

Some feedback at Wesworld suggested a bigger superstructure with an extra tier and possibly a heavier aa-armament. Plus Voyager made me blended-funnel-envy :p

Unarmed hull:

[ img ]

With random armament:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: International Frigate design (for Wesworld)Posted: August 22nd, 2010, 4:50 am
I've added some more details and stuff, particularly on the superstructure to make it less bare looking. I also thought it justified letting me return to a lower-tiered superstructure, which I personally liked better (looks sleeker and yadda yadda sexy BS):

[ img ]

But just in case you liked the taller, three-tiered superstructure:

[ img ]

And yes, I am ripping off the Capitani Romani at this point - but not outright copy-pasting. Trust me the lines will not match.

Also, just the basic hulls this time. Too lazy to add weapons :p

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: International Frigate design (for Wesworld)Posted: August 22nd, 2010, 4:53 am
Very nice. How much? CCan I buy some for the Isle of Targos?

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: International Frigate design (for Wesworld)Posted: August 22nd, 2010, 4:54 am
...and now it's come to my attention that people fail to understand the concept of "role-playing."

If a fictional nation wants a fictional ship, I see it very hard to stop them.

Plus, in Wesworld terms, this is circa 1940. Not even 1940s, just, 1940. It might look odd next to an IoT missile cruiser.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: International Frigate design (for Wesworld)Posted: August 22nd, 2010, 4:58 am
I understand the concept of roleplaying :P .

Yes, I know it is circa 1940. I meant can I mod it for use in our WW2 time period?

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: International Frigate design (for Wesworld)Posted: August 22nd, 2010, 5:06 am
Like I told Vossiej: eh, sure, why not?

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: International Frigate design (for Wesworld)Posted: August 22nd, 2010, 5:13 am
If I may, what are the size specifications, powerplant, basic crew size and top speed?

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: International Frigate design (for Wesworld)Posted: August 22nd, 2010, 5:27 am
ezgo394 wrote:
If I may, what are the size specifications, powerplant, basic crew size and top speed?
Uhh, I dunno?

Back at Wesworld, we have this thing called Springsharp - it's actually a software program that can calculate things like that, based on desired characteristics (it's basically a spreadsheet). I don't have it.

Designed top speed is for the high-30s, size is...you figure it out? It's longer than a Capitani Romani which is a 3500 ton ship, and probably a (slightly) wider beam.... Powerplant is...effin' huge? It's got the funnels to match at least, and it'll need both for speeds that high. Basic crew size - I have no honest idea. Since it's designed with a lot of customization in mind, this probably means crew size will vary greatly depending on what's ordered.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: International Frigate design (for Wesworld)Posted: August 22nd, 2010, 5:43 am
I've heard of Springsharp. It's actually a pretty cool program.
As for the specs, that's fine. I'll figure something out.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 33 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: