Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: AU, USA, Omaha Class Light Cruiser 1926Posted: July 6th, 2016, 2:00 pm
> using world of warships as a legitimate source for cruiser combat tactics

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: AU, USA, Omaha Class Light Cruiser 1926Posted: July 6th, 2016, 3:53 pm
It is? I hear people telling me it's too arcade like.

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: AU, USA, Omaha Class Light Cruiser 1926Posted: July 6th, 2016, 4:01 pm
I believe that was sarcasm. It plays a lot like the Battlestations Midway/Pacific, albeit with less control over certain functions and units. They are fun to play, but they are in fact, arcade games, and is in no way something that should be used to judge real life implications of anything, be it tactics or armor/weaponry.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: AU, USA, Omaha Class Light Cruiser 1926Posted: July 6th, 2016, 4:14 pm
I can't even begin to describe how far back in my skull my eyes rolled when I read that post about WoWS affecting your design choices.

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: AU, USA, Omaha Class Light Cruiser 1926Posted: July 6th, 2016, 5:23 pm
Karle94 wrote:
I believe that was sarcasm. It plays a lot like the Battlestations Midway/Pacific, albeit with less control over certain functions and units. They are fun to play, but they are in fact, arcade games, and is in no way something that should be used to judge real life implications of anything, be it tactics or armor/weaponry.
World of Warships is much more realistic than Battlestations.

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: AU, USA, Omaha Class Light Cruiser 1926Posted: July 6th, 2016, 5:29 pm
Depends, penetrating the citadel does not do more damage than penetrating other areas, unless it is engineering sections or magazine. HE is usless against anything other than ground targets, as it explodes upon hitting, even the softer parts of ships. Alas, I do not wish to turn this into a discussion about the realism between two unrealistic games.

[Profile] [Quote]
LBraden
Post subject: Re: AU, USA, Omaha Class Light Cruiser 1926Posted: July 6th, 2016, 5:33 pm
I don't touch Wargaming products at all, however:

I play War Thunder, I fly quite a bit in AB and some in RB ... even I know in RB that planes there don't function close to real world, plus I have been in mixed games with my Stuka and been one-shot by a guy with a solid shot round going through my wing, now I don't know about you, but the amount of times I have seen tanks one-shot planes at 2,000m alt in War Thunder means that Shermans were better as AAA than they were as Tanks.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: