Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 4  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
r3mu511
Post subject: Re: CorvettePosted: June 18th, 2016, 12:29 am
^nice, looks like smart-s-mk2 and stir-24 fore and aft, you'll need to add something to represent the CEC USG-2 antenna since the corvette will be doing CEC forward-pass w/ the frigate... something that'll look like: https://www.eng.umd.edu/html/ihof/induc ... rill-3.png (upper left in pic)... that pole right behind the smart-s-mk2 looks like it can hold the USG-2 antenna...

[Profile] [Quote]
citizen lambda
Post subject: Re: CorvettePosted: June 18th, 2016, 12:44 am
Still looking good...
Just curious though (or maybe just dense), what is the point of having that small Seamaster array in addition to the Smart-S? I assume that the mast includes antennas for all 4 quadrants and not just the 2 visible?

[Profile] [Quote]
r3mu511
Post subject: Re: CorvettePosted: June 18th, 2016, 1:02 am
^from the size and shape of the array panel in the pic I think @heuhen actually meant that to be seawatcher-100 (the x-band surface surveillance set) rather than seamaster-400...

otherwise, if that really was meant to be seamaster, there might be rf interference issues w/ both the seamaster and smart-s-mk2 being s-band sets...

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: CorvettePosted: June 18th, 2016, 11:31 am
r3mu511 wrote:
^from the size and shape of the array panel in the pic I think @heuhen actually meant that to be seawatcher-100 (the x-band surface surveillance set) rather than seamaster-400...

otherwise, if that really was meant to be seamaster, there might be rf interference issues w/ both the seamaster and smart-s-mk2 being s-band sets...
nice off you boys to point that out, have to edit it a bit (basicly, go to the part-sheet, made by the fantastic person. ace...) ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: CorvettePosted: June 18th, 2016, 12:39 pm
Okay the light version is basically finnish (or do you boys have something more)

A ship need a name, "Vingtor" it is.

Armament, it share the same armament as the frigates.
- 76 mm Oto.
- 40 mm Bofors.
- 2 X Quad NSM Launcher (with the upgraded land attack capability and increased range).
- 1 X Quad Mk.41 VLS. with ESSM and possibility NLOS-LS if not RIM-166 RAM (block 2).
- aft mounted cheap and light weight rocket launcher (ASW-capability or RAM-capability).

Aft deck, have landing deck for helicopter, and on "port" side a place to park an helicopter it it would come necessary (if emergency)

Sensor outfit, a bland of what the RNoN frigates and coastal corvettes use, except some changes.

Powerplant:
- 1 X LM2500 turbine rated at around 20000-25000 hp.
- 1 X small turbine rated at 6000-7000 hp (RR MT7).
- 3 X small and medium Diesel generators.

Everything is geared through two big gearbox, with and common gearbox linking it all up, that are connected to two big generator. Powering three electric motor, powering three waterjet, The two big generator are rated to handle up to 65-75% of the ship total engine-power, giving a nice flexibility

[ img ]

Last edited by heuhen on June 18th, 2016, 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: CorvettePosted: June 18th, 2016, 2:11 pm
The Tyne is old technology so you'd be looking at things like the MT5 and MT7 nowadays. Also, the STIR 240s are sort of overkill when a 1.8 or something even smaller would suffice for self-defence and finally I think the efflux from your NSMs is going to have some negative effects on your daughter craft.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: CorvettePosted: June 18th, 2016, 3:07 pm
Quote:
The Tyne is old technology so you'd be looking at things like the MT5 and MT7 nowadays.
Updating the text, at nest round!
Quote:
Also, the STIR 240s are sort of overkill when a 1.8 or something even smaller would suffice for self-defence

This have been talked about early, she is designed around the RNoN tactical planes where another vessel can detect, paint and command missiles fired from any other ship. In Norway, it would be one of the Fridtjof Nansen class firing up one of it's ESSM or Standard-ER.
r3mu511 wrote:
^nice, looks like smart-s-mk2 and stir-24 fore and aft, you'll need to add something to represent the CEC USG-2 antenna since the corvette will be doing CEC forward-pass w/ the frigate...
r3mu511 wrote:
what @heuhen described sounds like engage-on-remote if the frigate fires when the target is not w/in the rf horizon of the frigate (meaning the frigate doesn't detect the target w/ it's spy-1f)...

otoh, if the target moves w/in the rf horizon of the frigate prior to it firing (hence the frigate detects/tracks the target w/ it's spy-1f), then it does not need CEC engage-on-remote...

now if by the phrase "the Skjold class detect and paint the target" @heuhen meant that the Skjold is the one doing the terminal illumination for the SM, then this is forward-pass and requires CEC...
Quote:
and finally I think the efflux from your NSMs is going to have some negative effects on your daughter craft.
Thus there is an partial blast shielding next to it. It's not ideal, but it's the best I can do with it. The daughter craft is made of aluminium in this case, whit a sort of blast hardened plastic as fender. Better than that I can't do, without compromising the helicopter deck or torpedo tubes. There is an alternative way, and it basicly is to flip around on some of the armament, for example, move VLS aft in an superstructure on the aft deck.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: CorvettePosted: June 18th, 2016, 3:22 pm
I can understand the whole CEC idea on something like a Skjold which is liable to be closer in than say a Nansen (and stealthier etc) but on something this size it makes much less sense unless you plan for them to be expendable.
As for NSM, it's a personal design so why not accelerate the development of VL-NSM?

[Profile] [Quote]
citizen lambda
Post subject: Re: CorvettePosted: June 18th, 2016, 3:56 pm
heuhen wrote:
Thus there is an partial blast shielding next to it. It's not ideal, but it's the best I can do with it. The daughter craft is made of aluminium in this case, whit a sort of blast hardened plastic as fender. Better than that I can't do, without compromising the helicopter deck or torpedo tubes. There is an alternative way, and it basicly is to flip around on some of the armament, for example, move VLS aft in an superstructure on the aft deck.
I've been wondering about that as well, since most of your ships include these outwards-firing NSMs without much in the way of blast shields. How about just turning the NSM pods around so that they fire inwards over the aft gun? You can raise them or cut out the hull sides if your fear for your deck.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: CorvettePosted: June 18th, 2016, 5:38 pm
Quote:
I can understand the whole CEC idea on something like a Skjold which is liable to be closer in than say a Nansen (and stealthier etc) but on something this size it makes much less sense unless you plan for them to be expendable.
Skjold class have it's advantages, but if the Norwegian Government doesn't start to support the Norwegian military soon.... The Navy have said they are willing to retire the entire Skjold class, if they do not get any money....

it's not about being expendable, but that they work all together as an team, covering each other. But also you can cover a bigger area and when you have a big coastline as Norway with it's thousands of islands and fjords... covering a big area with few weapon platform is important, specially in this days, when our government want to close down half of our military bases, reduce our home guard and put more task on the army, but at the same time reduce number of ships in the Navy... That's what happens when you let the government rule the military.

So few platforms have to be able to cover a bigger area with its sensors.
Quote:
As for NSM, it's a personal design so why not accelerate the development of VL-NSM?
I can go for a VL-NSM, but that would be in fact an VL-JSM, since that one is being developed as an submarine launched weapon, and is the only one compact enough for an VLS, after my understanding.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 4  [ 35 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: