Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
Ashley
Post subject: Re: something weirdPosted: February 11th, 2011, 7:42 am
Thanks for recognizing this was a nonsens project shown at a popular science magazine. Sorry if this drawing scratched your small clean sane logic world. If it hurts too much ask a mod for cure.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: something weirdPosted: February 11th, 2011, 9:00 am
There are lot more nicer and polite ways to express opinions over drawings and projects, their plausability and credibility, that has been witnessed in here.
Witty and near personal insulting answers don't make you guys look smarter when you shoot down fligths of fancies, it just makes you guys look like bullies.

...And In this forum, there is only one bully :twisted:

So keep it nice shall we?

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: something weirdPosted: February 16th, 2011, 8:56 am
Found it!
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: something weirdPosted: February 16th, 2011, 9:57 pm
[ img ]

Huh, well, I'll be damned. It does indeed say Oregon, though the illustration suggests either Virginia or even South Carolina (hard to tell since it's so damn stylized)

That said, IIRC Oregon was already a museum ship by then. There were also quite a few old pre-dreadnoughts to choose from, most of them too slow and poorly armored by contemporary standards to be of much use.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: something weirdPosted: February 16th, 2011, 10:12 pm
TimothyC wrote:
You know what two words stop this thing cold?

Ground Pressure.
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
Well, the best way to treat this stuff is to simply ignore it: eventually the member posting it will appreciate that they are wasting their time :|
I've tried with other people but it doesn't work, and some things like this need to be actively stopped.
Yes, clearly you need to be outright rude to someone who's just screwing around with drawings. No wonder this forum is slowly dying.

[Profile] [Quote]
Satirius
Post subject: Re: something weirdPosted: February 17th, 2011, 2:12 am
TimothyC wrote:

Ground Pressure.
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
Well, the best way to treat this stuff is to simply ignore it: eventually the member posting it will appreciate that they are wasting their time :|
I've tried with other people but it doesn't work, and some things like this need to be actively stopped.
EIN VOLK

EIN REICH

EIN BEING MOTHERFUCKING SERIOUS

I feel sorry for you, I agree you must have such terrible life, and no girl give you attention, The boys leaved because they were not having a safe feeling when beeing with you. Police never found you. Docters did suidice, because they where impressed you was not killed by birth :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: something weirdPosted: February 17th, 2011, 9:25 am
The forum is not dying anywhere. In the next uploading session we are propably getting record setting ammount of new drawings to the archive. People just tend to draw more these days and complain less ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
RRoan
Post subject: Re: something weirdPosted: March 8th, 2011, 8:22 am
It absolutely floors me that people actually complain about something like this that is obviously meant to be humorous. That some people want to actually stamp it out is even more absurd. Come on, where's your sense of humor?

By the way Ashley, I would make the tracks go the full length of the ship to minimize ground pressure.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: something weirdPosted: March 8th, 2011, 9:18 am
I think the difficulty with postings like this one, where the intention is (so we are lead to beleive) one of humorous intention is that it isn't so very obvious at the time - given some of the other postings that are meant to be taken seriously. In submitting this material the person responsible is not breaking any rules, so there is nothing much to say other than its a question of what we find funny. I mean, my elephant impersonation including my trouser pocktets pulled out for ears has been known to raise a chuckle, but not when I last tried it in church. :|

[Profile] [Quote]
squizzy
Post subject: Re: something weirdPosted: March 8th, 2011, 11:14 am
TimothyC wrote:

Ground Pressure.
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
Popular science or not or ground pressure facts. lets not forget that the space shuttle and saturn5-apollo rockets were carried to the launch pad on a 3,000 ton launch pad crawler in addition the german coal mining firm Rheinbraun use the 13,500ton Bagger 288 mining Excavator which both use crawling tracks.

As for ground pressure the job that The Bagger 288 is required to perform the large surface area of the tracks means the ground pressure of the Bagger 288 is very small (17.1 N/cm2 or 24.8 psi); this allows the excavator to travel over gravel, earth and even grass without leaving a significant track. It has a minimum turning radius of approximately 100 meters, and can climb a maximum gradient of 1:18. The down side for both however is speed as both are very slow movers.

"The British Air Farce have droopped their bums on the water works..They have scored a direct hot on the pimps"- British agent/gendarme Officer Crabtree, "Allo,Allo."

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 22 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: