Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ] 
Leafent
Post subject: Greek DreadnoughtPosted: November 7th, 2015, 12:44 pm
After finishing my Pre-Dreadnought, I decided to start work on a Dreadnought for the Greek Navy, which could be ordered in around 1910
[ img ]
This is of course a work in progress, so I would be happy to recieve advice about the general arrangment of the ship. The Armament is 12 four inch guns and ten twelve inch guns, though I'm not if a 13.5 inch gun might be better. I'm also trying to keep the beam and length smaller than average to reduce the cost of building a dry dock for it. The Propeller arrangement is also only a place holder as well.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Greek DreadnoughtPosted: November 7th, 2015, 2:20 pm
A few Qs,
1- OK if ordered in 1910,(does that mean laid down or commissioned or started ordering?)
2- How rich developed are you ? Can you buy top line stuff or seconds? Are you building it or buying abroad? (in each case what's your limits? cash or size ?)
3- In 1910 you have the start of the RN 13.5" but everybody else has less big guns, ships to compare with,Orion/KVG-class, Kaiser/König class, Florida/Wyoming class or Kongō-class battlecruisers if rich or something more like the España class if you have less money and smaller docks.... (I would cut a few ships onto your 'paper' to compare sizes and get a feel)
4- As to your design I would,
- move the funnels forward (or cut length in front, to make more use of citadel space and leave room for BRs)
- Have more 4" firing froward than to the rear (TB will arrive faster from the bow than stern)
- Cut size of funnels ?
- Maybe go for a sub optimum main gun layout? (to reduce hight drop a superfiring mount and to make it less good and more 1910)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs”

Jump to: