Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 16  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 516 »
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 11th, 2014, 1:35 pm
Thanks guys.

I'm working on the masts now as I'm building the bow and stern super structure and aft cage mast. Things are popping out at me. Revisions will follow a little later on today.

Back to work tomorrow . . . oh well. To bad I couldn't do this for a living.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 11th, 2014, 1:56 pm
apdsmith wrote:
Very nice, David - but no cat on top of 'X' turret on the top view?

Regards,
Adam
I got side tracked so many other updates I'm putting in. This is based upon an old drawing resurrected from the original thread.

It's there now Adam.

Last edited by David Latuch on July 11th, 2014, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 11th, 2014, 3:00 pm
I have one little nitpick. The crane will not be able to reach the aftermost boats.

[Profile] [Quote]
Wolfman
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 11th, 2014, 3:02 pm
What is that thing just forward of "B" turret? It shows up particularly well on the dorsal view whatever it is...

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 11th, 2014, 3:25 pm
I just noticed that the deck above the main deck is not colored the same as the rest of the ship.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 11th, 2014, 4:29 pm
Wolfman wrote:
What is that thing just forward of "B" turret? It shows up particularly well on the dorsal view whatever it is...
a part of the mooring equipment, forgot the name, but it is basically a winch. It help to pull in the ship in to the dock.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 11th, 2014, 4:58 pm
Karle94 wrote:
I have one little nitpick. The crane will not be able to reach the aftermost boats.
I know, but one or the other of the float plane cranes besides #3 turret can. ;) That's the only reason I placed the aft boats there. Good try though. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 11th, 2014, 5:00 pm
Karle94 wrote:
I just noticed that the deck above the main deck is not colored the same as the rest of the ship.
It's metal not teak.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 11th, 2014, 5:05 pm
heuhen wrote:
Wolfman wrote:
a part of the mooring equipment, forgot the name, but it is basically a winch. It help to pull in the ship in to the dock.
They are called Gypsies (UK) and/or wildcats (USN).

As Heuhen said they're basicly winches both fore and aft to aid in mooring and such, e.g. the aft one can be used to power the float plane cranes since they don't have any motors themselves.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 11th, 2014, 5:07 pm
They're called warping winches guys. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 16  [ 160 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 516 »

Jump to: