Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 10 of 76  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page « 18 9 10 11 1276 »
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: July 5th, 2011, 10:18 am
Finally,the LST Jason Mk II.Is smaller from previous Mk I/Ia but in late 1960's the RHN had several LST of about that size (Ex-US,TerreboneParish Class LST) in good condition,so a larger one designed and built.But 20 years later these old LSTs started to show their age (speed,failures) and a new one was needed.The result was the Samos Class LST (or LST Jason MK II for HLK).

Last edited by odysseus1980 on July 7th, 2011, 6:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: July 5th, 2011, 10:32 am
My triple torpedo tubes in all my ships are the new ones,so when somebody redesign the large torpedo tube I will change them.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: July 5th, 2011, 10:51 am
what have you changed that you receive credit on this ship?

[Profile] [Quote]
ReiAyanami
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: July 5th, 2011, 11:15 am
BTW this is the Jason class with a rebuilt bridge section, that I also edited today in the last post of its thread, so please use this:
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/3980/jasonclasslst2.png

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: July 5th, 2011, 11:18 am
The back guns with my AU Naval Artemis (look the original design in viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1477&hilit=LST+jason&start=20).

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: July 5th, 2011, 11:20 am
so you swapped one gun? guns are parts, so you have no right on the credit you placed.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: July 7th, 2011, 6:18 pm
As I mention Cyprus, here it is (AU of course,history is product of my imagination).Islamic Republic of Hatay:this nation also is product of my imagination and does not exist in real world,however Hatay itself is real.All these are fictional ships,except the FAC-23 of Marine Police)

For Ships:
-FFG Kyrenia:In 1983 Iraq ordered 4 frigates of the Al Yarmouk Class (modified Lupo) from Italy.Only 2 delivered to Iraq in 1986,(because of political change in Italy) and the 2 remaining transferred to Cyprus in 1993 after a refit,together with an order of total 14 AB-412EP (8 for Navy Command,6 for Police).
-HSY-82: Identical with RHN ones,built with license locally.
-Combattante V-B: Same as above, but with an AB-412 helicopter.
-CNR550/Wadi corvettes: Two batches of 4 ships each delivered,all built locally.First had SSMs Adis I and a small helicopter,second batch SSM Otomat without helicopter.
-Esterel Type 32L: These wooden patrol boats were built with license in late 1970's and also are in service with the Coastal Command of RHN.
-Agathos Class:An (fictional) indigenous design,is in use with the Navy Specials Forces.
-Orlov Mk IV: Completely new UAV helicopter,is in evaluation.
-RV-03:The oldest ships of Marine Police,they started their life as PCs and converted in dedicated SAR vessels in 1996.
-Hercules Class:These 2 PCs are former FACs which converted in 2008.
-HSY-46 Troodos:Marine Police ordered these from Hellenian Kingdom in 1998.
-Esterel:Marine Police originally had 2 (1980) and in 1996 2 more transferred from Navy Command.
-Eyagoras Class: these are actually real (Cyprus has 2 in real world).Built in Yugoslavia,is one of very hard to find vessel.I have specs though and a photo I took myself in Pafos Port,from which I do it.
-ML-26,ML-20:Another indigenous design,is used from anti-smuggling operations.Both have top speed about 60 knots.
-PB57:Marine Police purchased them from HLK,the II-K is essentially the III of HCG but with waterjets instead of surface props.

From 2009 Adis I-M is in service only from Coastal Defense Battalions, since all ships equiped with them decommissioned.
-Marine Police use the old coding system of English Coastal Command in WW2:PV=Patrol Vessel,PL=Patrol Launch,RV=Rescue Vessel (also for the lifeboats of Cypriot Lifeguard RL=Rescue Launch),ML=Motor Launch.RIBs have only numbers without coding.

Last edited by odysseus1980 on September 29th, 2011, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: July 15th, 2011, 8:53 am
The Submersible boats of HLK (fictional)

The idea behind these designs, back in 1980 was for a boat specially designed for scuba diving, not military use.The prototype of the Hannibal H2 (identical with H4, though smaller in 4,8m) displayed in a boat exhibition in Athens then and there was enough interest to produce it.In 1983 South Korean Navy captured a North Korean semi-submersible spy boat, showing them that now North Korean Seals can penetrate through any Naval Base of the South.Hannibal Shipyards exhibit the H4 and the H6 (similar with H8) in the Athens International Defense Exhibition in October 1988 and there was interest both from Ministry Of Defense and South Korean Navy.The RHN interested more in H4 and Koreans in H6 and total 42 delivered until 1989 (22 H4s and 20 H6s).As the H6 was essentially an experimental model (a true closed submersible boat with electric motors to drive and steer it underwater,while the open H4 had a more convectional "steering rod" with one electric motor on each end) the designer of these boats, Annivas Artemis ('Hannibal') traveled to South Korea for discussing with Koreans of any problems they have with his boats.Again,when the H8/H10 were exhibited (Athens International Defense Exhibition 1992/1994) interest was instant and now more than 100 Hannibal are in service with export customers in South America and of course South Korea.RHN has about 60 (all 4 types) and Hellenic Army Marines about 40.

*MEK (fictional): A company which founded in 1920 for manufacturing small marine diesels with Swedish plans and later develop its own designs,almost bankrupt in 1975 and reestablished in 1978 with a license from Mercury Marine.But MEK developed again new designs based on these engines,such as a V12 diesel for Offshore Racing Boats and found it way to civilian and military applications (Motomarine Lambro Puma 145/Tiger 165).

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: July 15th, 2011, 9:56 am
More from Black Sea Navy Command : OPV/Destroyers,PCs etc

Hunt III Class

These destroyers were loaned to RHN from UK in 1943/1944 and given in 1946 (for my scenario,you can found the real story of them in the internet).For about 15 years served as destroyers in Aegean and slowly transferred to Black Sea.There, in 1967 a rebuilt program started to give the old destroyers a new life. From a number of 8 two versions made, of 4 ships each,one classified them as Patrol Destroyers and for the other an OPV/Minelayer setup.Last 2 units of Heraklea Class finally decommissioned in 1997,all Perinthus Class until 1994.

Specifications: (Rebuilt Hunt III/Perinthus/Heraklea Class)
All renamed from ancient hellenic cities.

Displacement: 1,120 t standard and 1,528 t full load
Length: 85.3 m
Beam: 10.16 m
Draught: 3.51 m
Propulsion: 2 sets ALSTOM/METKA steam geared turbines,2 boilers, 24,000 shp
Speed: 30 knots /27.5 kn full load
Range: 2,100 nmi at 20 kn, 3250nmi at 15 kn
Complement: 124 (Perinthus Class),98 (Heraklea Class)
Armament:

• 1 × OTO Melara 76/62 cal. Allagarto
• 2 × 40mm (1 X OTO Breda Dardo)
• 2 × 20 mm Oerlikon/EBO 20/L70
• 2 × 21 in (533 mm) torpedo tubes
• 2 X Bofors Anti Submarine Mortars (1 in Heraklea)
• Sonar STN Atlas/Marac ELAC 2G + 1 towed sonar Amphitrite I/II/III
• 18 mines (Heraklea Class only)

*Please comment about radars

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Hellenian KingdomPosted: August 4th, 2011, 8:03 am
Special Missions Destroyers (1973-1994)-{real ships,fictional versions}

One of most extraodinary conversions for destroyers of WW2 was the DD/CRD (Destroyer/Coastal Radar Devastator) of RHN.Total 3 such ships existed, 2 were of Flethcher Class (D-85 Sfendoni & D-06 Aspis ) and one Allen M.Sumner for Black Sea Navy Command (D-209 Katsonis).Systems aboard co-developed with Israel in 1969-1972 and all units were operational in 1973-1974.(Dates on template is when conversion started).With powerful ESM system detected coastal radars and destroyed them with OMI-78 missiles (based on Israel IAI Keres).The OMI-78 is still used by RHAF from F-4E/RD and then its range was about 50km.Also all these ships had some ELINT/SIGINT capabilities and among their duties was ELINT/SIGINT tasks.Later Hermes Class EWS is much better equipped (actually some systems on Hermes Class have their roots to Sfendoni/Katsonis Class).The other 2 Fletchers (D-16 Velos,D-56 Lonchi) modified to OPV/ASW with sonar SQQ-23,two Bofors ASW mortars and two Proteas AUVs,of which one was a modified towed version.Finally,the 4 Cannon Class DEs had mainly patrol duties (due to their range,about 11000nm) in Aegean Sea,Ionian Sea and East Mediterranean, converted to OPVs.Again,as with Fletchers,newer guns installed (closed Mk-33s instead of open Mk-27s) and Cannons had also 2 Pyrkal 30/75cal AAW guns.In 1985-1986 3 modified to acommodate 40 Seals and 2 9m RHIBs and the experience from this cooperation passed to gunboats HSY-56/56A.
Another variant of the Fletcher Class was the Thyella,armed with SSM OMI-24 the Amphipolis Class-modified Allen M.Sumner with SSMs and SAM Sea Falcon for Black Sea Command.

Last edited by odysseus1980 on March 2nd, 2012, 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 10 of 76  [ 756 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 18 9 10 11 1276 »

Jump to: