Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 10 of 13  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page « 18 9 10 11 12 13 »
KHT
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: August 11th, 2012, 9:04 pm
Now, for something completly different.
Since I felt like growing some lore-ish material that contributes with little else than adding some life to the universe, and nothing to the ships, I decided to give the navy some structure: i.e writing down specific ranks, along with the insignias of said ranks.
Top bracket is badge of whatever hat they carry, mid is the sleve, and bottom is Epaulette.
[ img ]
A few notes on the ranks: Grand Admiral is an honorary title, carried by His Imperial Majesty the King of Gotrige(Hence the crown), and of a chosen few deceased admirals, like Jonas Krohnankar, who died at the hands of a japanese Kamikaze plane in 1944. For the Private rank, two "angles" is first class, one is second class, none is third class. Also keep in mind that these have all been translated to English, so it might not be perfect.

Hope you like 'em! :D

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: August 12th, 2012, 12:20 am
"His Imperial Majesty the King"? Is he an Emperor too? Otherwise it should be 'Royal'.

[Profile] [Quote]
Demon Lord Razgriz
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: August 12th, 2012, 6:23 am
I would assume so, seeing as this is the thread for the EMPIRE of Gotrige. :P

Atlas V
Delta II/III
Project Constellation
Soyuz series

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: August 12th, 2012, 9:11 am
Yup. It's a bit fuzzy, but he carries both titles. He is king of (central) Gotrige(i.e the mainland composed of denmark, south Sweden and south Norway(IRL, the lot of 'em), but emperor of the Empire(i.e the mainland as well as all colonies).

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: November 11th, 2012, 11:55 am
I've decided to do another attempt at a missile-era vessel. You can effectively consider the two other ships I drew to be scrapped. I'm not really happy with them, but might remake them in the future. I've taken the advice given to those and tried to keep them in mind for this one though. I've also used them for a bit of kit-bashing.
This is only a WIP so far, and I'm still working a lot with the design itself. Inspired by the Soviet Kirov class, this is my take at a similar vessel. It's roughly estimated to be around 20 000-23 000 tons, capable of 30 knots(two shafts), and with a load-out weaker than the Kirov's, but still a force to recon with. I won't make a backstory until it's completed and approved though, and I'm open for suggestions for it.
Stage 1:
[ img ]
Stage 2:
[ img ]
Stage 3
[ img ]
I'll gladly take any advice, and hope you like what it looks like so far. :mrgreen:

Last edited by KHT on November 14th, 2012, 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: November 11th, 2012, 1:49 pm
why not use a twin six inch auto instead of a limpwristed 5'' single?
You have the room.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: November 11th, 2012, 2:02 pm
Twin Six-inch: way to big. Possibly a single 155mmTAK(look on my older 1970-1980s ships), but not a twin, since the point with this ship is that the missile armament is the main weaponry.
Plus, a 6-inch gun, even auto, can't be hoped to achieve much over 20-25 rpm. The TAK120(which IS a real gun) is capable of 80 rpm. And ROF is much more important in this case than shell weight.

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: November 11th, 2012, 2:15 pm
It's probably a case of different missile sets, but why VLS forwards and arm launcher aft? Is it an '80's ship? Or newer?
I like the modified goalkeeper, that's pretty cool.
I love where the gun is sited, that's very cool.
I can't wait to see more of it :D

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: November 11th, 2012, 2:52 pm
Yes indeed. The idea is that it consists of two ships, the first commissioned 1982 and the second 1985. Also worthy of note is that they are nuclear powered.
Yup, different missile sets. The aft arm mount is a mid-long ranged SAM. The foremost launchers are for a so far unnamed cruise-SSM missile, and I'm still pondering as to which types of missiles should be put in the other launchers(perhaps it will be interchangable, allowing the load-out to be changed according to the mission).
Glad you like it. I'm working with it currently, and should have another update tonight. Unless I lose interest(has happened a lot of times, I have about ten WIPs which I've yet to finish due to this), I should be able to finish tomorrow or the day after that. I'm also thinking of doing a few other ships of the same era to keep this one company. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: November 11th, 2012, 3:49 pm
Can you not VLS the SAM? Just curious, as it saves the arm...
The other VLS mounts... point defence SAM, anti missile missiles, that sort of thing?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 10 of 13  [ 122 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 18 9 10 11 12 13 »

Jump to: