Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 9 of 36  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page « 17 8 9 10 1136 »
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: United States of VenezuelaPosted: September 15th, 2014, 8:59 pm
KIKE92 wrote:
ezgo394 wrote:
Love it Kike!
Now, looking over the specs I assume that the C-10 series are comparable to the F-16 in performance?

Also, a quick question for the aircraft list on page 3, when did your CAV AC-11-100 enter service and when will it be retired? I was thinking of using supersonic aircraft for my Denton AU, based on the Boeing 2707-200 and just wanted to know the timeline of yours.
Glad you like it Ezgo. :)

In basic specifications the C-10 looks close to the F-16, but you have to remember that the C-10 was designed in the 1950's and when it comes to agility, rate of climb and acceleration the F-16 is the superior plane. The C-10 is very close and slightly superior to the Mirage III for example, mainly because of its layout which is conventional and avoids the speed loss tipical of the delta wing.

The AC-11-100 entered service in late 1977 but when it comes to retirement im still not very sure because im trying to make the AC-11-200 with better fuel efficiency, EFIS cockpit and fly-by wire controls and maybe keep it in service until 2015 or further but im still working on it.

I hope it helps.
Ahh, I overlooked the dates.

So, I assume that after CAV bought the rights to the L-2000, they reworked it to meet their specifications and maybe refine the design, and then put it into production? 1977 is a considerable time difference from the SST contract which was in the early years of the 1960s.

Upgraded version would be interesting, especially considering the stance towards supersonic aircraft nowadays vs. 50 years ago.
One last question about the AC-11 series: Lockheed was experimenting with the shaping of the fuselage to reduce the intensity of the shockwaves before the project was cancelled. Did CAV continue on with this experiment, or did they ignore it? Will the AC-11-200 series be refined further to meet the demands of 'quieter flight'?

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
KIKE92
Post subject: Re: United States of VenezuelaPosted: September 15th, 2014, 9:12 pm
ezgo394 wrote:
KIKE92 wrote:
ezgo394 wrote:
Love it Kike!
Now, looking over the specs I assume that the C-10 series are comparable to the F-16 in performance?

Also, a quick question for the aircraft list on page 3, when did your CAV AC-11-100 enter service and when will it be retired? I was thinking of using supersonic aircraft for my Denton AU, based on the Boeing 2707-200 and just wanted to know the timeline of yours.
Glad you like it Ezgo. :)

In basic specifications the C-10 looks close to the F-16, but you have to remember that the C-10 was designed in the 1950's and when it comes to agility, rate of climb and acceleration the F-16 is the superior plane. The C-10 is very close and slightly superior to the Mirage III for example, mainly because of its layout which is conventional and avoids the speed loss tipical of the delta wing.

The AC-11-100 entered service in late 1977 but when it comes to retirement im still not very sure because im trying to make the AC-11-200 with better fuel efficiency, EFIS cockpit and fly-by wire controls and maybe keep it in service until 2015 or further but im still working on it.

I hope it helps.
Ahh, I overlooked the dates.

So, I assume that after CAV bought the rights to the L-2000, they reworked it to meet their specifications and maybe refine the design, and then put it into production? 1977 is a considerable time difference from the SST contract which was in the early years of the 1960s.

Upgraded version would be interesting, especially considering the stance towards supersonic aircraft nowadays vs. 50 years ago.
One last question about the AC-11 series: Lockheed was experimenting with the shaping of the fuselage to reduce the intensity of the shockwaves before the project was cancelled. Did CAV continue on with this experiment, or did they ignore it? Will the AC-11-200 series be refined further to meet the demands of 'quieter flight'?
Well starting with year it entered service, i decided to put it in 1977 because its contemporary the concorde althought it first flew in 1969 it wasnt until 1976 that it entered service so it seemed appropriate to push the AC-11's introduction to 1977.

The upgraded version im working im mainly concentrating in reduced fuel consupmtion and drag, pehaps weight savings by building large portions of the airframe of composite materials. But i have to admit i havent looked at shockwave reduction, but of what i know it would lead to a substantial redesign of the aircraft and im not sure thats viable.

I would like to know what you think.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: United States of VenezuelaPosted: September 15th, 2014, 9:46 pm
KIKE92 wrote:

Well starting with year it entered service, i decided to put it in 1977 because its contemporary the concorde althought it first flew in 1969 it wasnt until 1976 that it entered service so it seemed appropriate to push the AC-11's introduction to 1977.

The upgraded version im working im mainly concentrating in reduced fuel consupmtion and drag, pehaps weight savings by building large portions of the airframe of composite materials. But i have to admit i havent looked at shockwave reduction, but of what i know it would lead to a substantial redesign of the aircraft and im not sure thats viable.

I would like to know what you think.
From what I know, it is possible to almost completely neutralize the effects of the shockwave by the design of the airframe. Lockheed was close to optimization of that, when they quit work on the L-2000. Nowadays, with Computer assisted drawing and computer simulation, it's now completely viable to design such an aircraft. Again, from what I know, I think where Lockheed stopped, you could reduce the shockwave with slight modifications on your airframe.
Wikipedia, Supersonic Transport wrote:
Additionally, during the original SST efforts in the 1960s, it was suggested that careful shaping of the fuselage of the aircraft could reduce the intensity of the sonic boom's shock waves that reach the ground. One design caused the shock waves to interfere with each other, greatly reducing sonic boom. This was difficult to test at the time, but the increasing power of computer-aided design has since made this considerably easier.
Shaped Sonic Boom Demonstration

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
KIKE92
Post subject: Re: United States of VenezuelaPosted: September 16th, 2014, 4:37 pm
IIAF - C-12A Halcón

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
KIKE92
Post subject: Re: United States of VenezuelaPosted: September 17th, 2014, 10:05 am
CAV CR-10A Tigre

[ img ]

The CR-10A is the reconnaissance variant of the C-10 series. It is a single-seat all-weather reconnaissance aircraft, with radar replaced by camera nose carrying up to five cameras. Aircraft based on C-10A airframe but with simpler avionics similar to that fitted to the C-10B and retaining cannon armament of fighters.

[Profile] [Quote]
KIKE92
Post subject: Re: United States of VenezuelaPosted: September 17th, 2014, 10:24 pm
IAF - C-12A Halcon

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
KIKE92
Post subject: Re: United States of VenezuelaPosted: September 18th, 2014, 9:34 am
Hello everyone, this is one of the three battleship classes im working on right now. Iwould like to hear some suggestions since its the oldest ship ive ever made and im not really sure if im going the right way.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
KIKE92
Post subject: Re: United States of VenezuelaPosted: September 28th, 2014, 10:03 am
Anzoategui Class - Aircraft Carrier

[ img ]

Class overview:
Name: Anzoategui class aircraft carrier
Operators: Venezuelan Navy
Built: 1935-45
In service: 1937–89
Completed: 32

General characteristics:
Displacement: 34,500 tons (standard); 40,500 tons (laden)
Length: 250 m
Beam: 42.75 m
Draught: 8,5 m
Installed power: 150,000 shp (110,000 kW)
Speed: 32 knots
Range: 20,000 nmi (37,000 km) at 15 kn (28 km/h)
Crew: ca. 2,100 (ship), 800 (air wing), 100 (flag)
Armament:
8 × 5-inch
14 × 3.5-inch

[Profile] [Quote]
KIKE92
Post subject: Re: United States of VenezuelaPosted: September 28th, 2014, 4:38 pm
The first page has been updated and it now shows the Anzoategui class carrier.

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: United States of VenezuelaPosted: September 28th, 2014, 5:50 pm
Very nice!

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 9 of 36  [ 353 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 17 8 9 10 1136 »

Jump to: